Sign in to follow this  

My Dad

My dad passed away sunday september 10. he was involved in a head-on collision with another rider in barstow, ca. all he wanted was to take his three boys out for a fun day of riding/bonding. and please pray for the other rider who was airlifted to a local hospital. thank you

Dirtysnow,

I am sorry for your loss. I understand the feeling and the pain that remains for some time. I lost my Mom in 1979, my Dad in 1991 and my son in 2002. Losing a Dad is not easy to deal with. Obviously, your Dad loved to ride, especially with his sons. I would suspect that your Dad would expect you go grieve his earthly passing - I also suspect he would want you to focus on the "good times" you had together riding together. Those time are and will remain special as long as you remember them. Not all sons have the opportunity to spend good times with their dads.

Hang in there Dirtysnow. Your Dad may not be here in the flesh anymore, BUT he will remain with you for the rest of your life in ways that you will learn and like all of us - come to cherish.

I will answer you PM later today and give you my phone number. We can talk when ever you want. Hang in there my friend.

In Sympathy and Sincerely,

Mike Berg

"Motodad393"

I'm very sad to hear about the lost of your father. It never seems right, but at least it happened when he was enjoying what he liked to do the best.

You father has earned his dirtbike wings and is riding with other riders that we have lost.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Please accept my condolences. My heart goes out to you and your family. You will never forget your dad, and all the good times you shared with him. Hang in there.

Chas Moser

thanks guys, im doing pretty good thanks to family and friends. but theres still something that really bothers me. and thats when people on this forum bash quad riders. my dad was on a quad, and was riding at about 20mph when he was hit. the bike rider was doing about 40mph around a blind curve, in a sandwash. i know i shouldnt let it get to me, but i guess im just stubborn like my dad

was at the "site" today. found some debirs...spokes and a chunk of the fork. shows the speed that was involed. be careful out there

chunk001.jpg

the area...

pic0011.jpg

i'm very sorry for your loss. i cant even imagine what it would be like to loose my dad.

is the other rider okay?

i also hate it when people bash quad riders.

thanks guys, im doing pretty good thanks to family and friends. but theres still something that really bothers me. and thats when people on this forum bash quad riders. my dad was on a quad, and was riding at about 20mph when he was hit. the bike rider was doing about 40mph around a blind curve, in a sandwash. i know i shouldnt let it get to me, but i guess im just stubborn like my dad

Don't let it get to you. We'll continue to bash quads, but it definitely isn't all quad riders. There are just more idiots out there on quads - plenty on bikes, too.

Your dad chose to ride a quad for whatever reason. I'm reading between the lines here and thinking he had all the proper riding gear & used it all the time. He wasn't one of "the quad riders" that gets bashed. Those are the rednecks who ride with no gear, preferably with a hat on backwards & flip flops (I think that's the term you use over there).

May he rest in peace and I hope the pain becomes bearable for you and your family over time. Do remember the good times.

Truly sorry for your loss and remember he'll always be riding with you.

Dirtysnow I am so sorry too hear this news about your father MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

Sorry for your loss. I know not much can be said to take away the sting but I am sorry. Bike or quad this can be a dangerous sport. I wish the best for your family and your fathers friends that are grieving.