Husaberg 650

Look at the postings for craterbum, he asks everyonr about to buy berg or not, the guys help him into it, watch when his clutch rattles loose next, and then watch him boil his bike.

I suspect most of the good news for Husabergs is from dealers, the rest of us have un-reliable bikes...........look at the postings from chooken ..........he also has problems with his berg......they are not a good motorcycle........

Ok watch another month till Craterbum's Husaberg fails him.....

But thank you for your consideration. ?:lame:?

Im not sure what to do yet. The nearest Berg dealer is about 7 hours away. The Aprilia RXV550 is sounding pretty good too. There is a dealer only 40 minutes away from me. This is going to be a deciding factor. If I need warranty work I dont want to have to drive 7 hours one way or ship the bike. Its still up in the air. I dont know what to do yet.

I bet half of you guys working this site are dealers, so your opinions are lined with self interest.

Pull your heads in ......... dump the brand ...........and sell better bikes.

my 06 Fe450e is the real deal. I am a customer, not a dealer. Next time you open your mouth here at Thumpertalk, newbie I suggest you not put your foot in it.

i understand where you are coming from blat , i had no end of trouble with my 05 fe550e . counter balancer failure , 2 x main bearing failure , 1 x broken valve spring , weep hole leaking oil and coolant . the clutch cover was removed 10 times in an effort to remedy this .

the work was carried out by the berg aust expert , i loved and over serviced this

grunt master . in the end i could not take it anymore :lame:?:bonk:

and now i have a reliable bike the downside is it threatens to disturb the rice puddings skin .

total loss including the very dismal resale value was $ 10.000 aud

i am not a berg basher i am telling it how it is , so don't give me any of yer lip ?

blat,

What was the cause of failure on both occasions?? Melted and went twang dont do us alot of good. Generally if something melts down it's because the operator had alot to do with it. Just a word of advise, if something starts to overheat, dont keep running it until it glows red and eventually stops running. If Husaberg or anybody else refuses to warranty the problem it's usually a case of operator abuse.

Please, if I am off base or have it all wrong, set me straight.

Look at the postings for craterbum, he asks everyonr about to buy berg or not, the guys help him into it, watch when his clutch rattles loose next, and then watch him boil his bike.

I suspect most of the good news for Husabergs is from dealers, the rest of us have un-reliable bikes...........look at the postings from chooken ..........he also has problems with his berg......they are not a good motorcycle........

Ok watch another month till Craterbum's Husaberg fails him.....

But thank you for your consideration. :lame:?:bonk:

You'd Better Get A Gas Gas ?

• 9 months later...

I have the FE650e and love it. the only issue that i have had is the water pump seal needed replacing. Outside of that i have caused any problems (caused by my skill as a backyard mechanic). The bike is sweet. Power all over. It is also great for extracting comments such as: i'm sorry that you have to ride that beast through here (they think it is heavy); you must be the worlds greatest rider to keep up with us on our 250s/300s on these trails (i am glad they noticed, not many people have had the opportunity to ride with such a great rider, absolutely kidding); is that the new chinese bike (funny but, NO).

If you are intersted ..you might even want to consider a TM 530..it is available in the MX and Enduro Models, I have some really nice articles on the TM 530, If you are interested in reading them please feel free to email me, and I will be happy to send them to you. And as Far as weight I understand there is a Husaberg Dealer in Portland Bozzarths offroad and he weighed a TM 450 Enduro to a Husaberg 450 both had half a tank of gas in the bikes and both were E Start...He said the TM weighed 9LBS lighter than the Husaberg...If interested in more give him a call or email him....I do not recall the exact weight...i just remember him telling me that.