XR200R Modification Guide

Quick Draw

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I need to pull the snorkel out of my son's 02 XR200 and rejet it. He is already running with the baffle out and a UNI filter. We are at about 800-1000 ft ASL so I just go one up in size on each from the stock 110 main and 38 pilot, so this would be the 112 main and 40 pilot I guess.

I see that Thumpertalk Store has KEIHIN jets. Are these the right ones or do I need to get from a Honda dealer? If they are the right ones, it might still be cheaper from the dealer because it looks like I have to buy five at a time.

It would help to have the part numbers for the "plus one" jets on the front page of the sticky if you know them.

I need to pull the snorkel out of my son's 02 XR200 and rejet it. He is already running with the baffle out and a UNI filter. We are at about 800-1000 ft ASL so I just go one up in size on each from the stock 110 main and 38 pilot, so this would be the 112 main and 40 pilot I guess.

I see that Thumpertalk Store has KEIHIN jets. Are these the right ones or do I need to get from a Honda dealer? If they are the right ones, it might still be cheaper from the dealer because it looks like I have to buy five at a time.

It would help to have the part numbers for the "plus one" jets on the front page of the sticky if you know them.

The "kehin" jets in the TT store will def fit. I ordered the five pack for my 94 XR200R. Its nice to have extra jets in case you need to need to re-jet richer or leaner in the future.

""CrashTestDummyTraveler08-27-2005, 11:01 AM

Somebody around here had talked about the TTR to XR fork swap.

I think it was on the thread about modifying suspensions.

I did an '84 CR250 to '90 XR200 front end swap - triple clamps, forks, wheel, brakes - it almost bolted on (I had to make a spacer for the steering stem, it was too long, 20mm long, 26mm ID, 36mm OD - under bearing nut). :eek:

Now I have 43mm forks, disk brake, plush controlled really solid front end.

I happened to have that front end sitting around.

I would like to have used the '86-'88 front end as it is cartridge.

I recently got a set of '93 CR125 forks, but it looks like the bottom steering bearing is too big. Oops. I'll have to work at it sometime or another.

Besides - with the CR forks I have Honda parts on a Honda bike. ? ""

I saw this thread while researching and was wondering if this ever got done?? I was looking at buying a set of 1993 forks with triple clamps and a tire and wheel with a disc brake setup. Wondering if it will easily fit into my 1987 xr 200 frame neck? If not how much work is it to make it fit? thanks

Just put in new jets in my wifes XR200R...put in +1 from stock as the post on the first page recommended, and WOW...what a difference it made. Smooth easy acceleration and no popping on decel. Great, easy and CHEAP mod that makes a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here and think it's awsome to find this thread. I have some questions and would really appreciate some advice.

I've been wanting to turn my 1982 XR200R into a dual-purpose bike for a long time. I bought it used with no headlight or speedometer, but there is wiring throughout the bike and it does have a tail light (don't know if the tail light is a brake light also. I never had a bulb in the tail light.) The wiring doesn't fit the descriptions I keep reading about a pink wire under the tank. I stuck a meter in the socket that I assume is for the headlight and got a reading of 20V AC. If someone could take a look at these pics and tell me what I need to do it would be the happiest day of my life... almost.

Inside the hole that I assume is where a speedometer connects, there is what feels like a flat piece of metal. Does this spin? The hole is marked in the pic by a question mark. What do I need to make the speedo work?

Beyond that I assume I would need blinkers and possibly a liscense plate light? I've seen the kits offered at the website and they are expensive. I'd really like to find a way to piece it together without buying a kit. I shouldn't be too hard with your guys' help.

03-11-08070.jpg

03-11-08071.jpg

03-11-08065.jpg

03-11-08069.jpg

Something else... my 1982 doesn't look like the '82 pictured on this website. http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0200/xr200/xr200.htm I'm wondering if something has been changed on this bike?

Galil012.jpg

Ok so I got a '83 XR200R. Got it cheap as the guys son was too small for it. So I get it home and start to go through. Turns out the front end is junk, there's a hole in the left fork tube !!. No problem I got a 88 CR250 front end for it.

Next was the engine.. Starts first kick, right on , but it smokes pretty good and sounds noisy (piston Slap)??. So I do an oilchange and add STP goose snot, set the valves,change the plug, adjust the cam chain, and go for a rip.. Well it rides ok but the engines gonna need a rebuild, Wayyy to noisy. Any suggestions on the rebiult process??

O I was considering the rear shock. I set the Pre-load and do have access to Nitrogen, I was thinking about recharging the gas in the rear shock , Any body ever do this??:excuseme: :excuseme:

Thanks, Love the site

Parker in Prince George:ride: :confused:

• 1 month later...

Ok my first question is that SHould i take the Spark arrester out of the exaust? And also whats the snorkle? I have a Uni filter and stuff SO no stock crap filter YA and ive bored my engine out to a 215cc engine with a wiasco preformance piston anyohter mods i should do to it? ANd ive made the forks Real stiff and about to make the rear shock stiff as can be. If i do take the spark arrestor out will it add some power? I need some ideas of adding some power cheap and easy SO plz help THAnks

Ok my first question is that SHould i take the Spark arrester out of the exaust? And also whats the snorkle? I have a Uni filter and stuff SO no stock crap filter YA and ive bored my engine out to a 215cc engine with a wiasco preformance piston anyohter mods i should do to it? ANd ive made the forks Real stiff and about to make the rear shock stiff as can be. If i do take the spark arrestor out will it add some power? I need some ideas of adding some power cheap and easy SO plz help THAnks

Try rejetting your bike, check out the first post on this sticky to find out specifics...

hey guys, what diameter is the stem on the cr forks, the 84-89 model, and roughly how long are the spacers you guys have made? i have a '86 xr200 and would putting on cr forks make it much better? i would then have the added bonus of a disk brake. Having read this thread i think my rear shock doesnt need changing as it is '84-'91. heres a pic of the bike:

pbpic2040621.jpg