XR200R Modification Guide

Thanks

Nice job Quick Draw!

If the moderator or administrator is viewing, this thread has my vote for becoming a sticky :thumbsup:

Yeah, speaking of the moderator.....where might he be? I think it is minifig-phil or something... This looks like it's ready to be sticky'd to me... Can you do that for us?

bump back to the top.

So if I get this right, I need the trees and forks from a XR250, and the swingarm and rear shock including the tires and wheels, right?

So if I get this right, I need the trees and forks from a XR250, and the swingarm and rear shock including the tires and wheels, right?

That's one option. Do a search and you will find several more. Thanks to ebay, I was able to install a front end from a CR that included a disc brake. 86-89 CR bolt on pretty easy. The cost was about $160.00 (clamps to rim), plus another $20 for a set of brake pads. I has some spacers installed in the cartridge unit to shorten the forks.

I found a rear shock form a 94 XR 250 that bolt right on, but was too long. With a few modifications, internal and external, the shock now matches the forks. I have 10+ inches of travel front and rear, with rebound and compression adjustablility. The seat height was raised about 2". It leans over more, but the stock kickstand is still usable.

Forks from '84-'91 XR200 or XR250, and just the rear shock, (not the swing arm or clamps) from the same years will improve the suspension. The 18" rear wheel from the XR250 in the years that I said before...can't remember currently...is one option but not really neccesary.

*On a side note, XR200 forks '81-'83 will bolt up with the addition of the triple clamps of the same years. :thumbsup:

Thanks moderator! :devil::thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

will a 84-85 xr250 back rim bolt up to a 2001 xr 200??

will a 84-85 xr250 back rim bolt up to a 2001 xr 200??

I believe so, but if I remember correctly, those were 17" rims, so not much of a benefit.... '86-'89 should be 18".

Do you know if 84-85 XL200r shock and front forks are the same as the XR 200 ???

I think XLs were shorter.... They probably would bolt up, but I doubt they would give you much benefit.

the one that I am looking at has a nitrogen?? canister will it be better than the shock that is on the xr now

It will give it more adjustability, and I guess most things are better than the pogo stick that Honda put on the '92-'02 models. If it were me, I would pass on it and wait for '84-'91 XR200/250 suspension. Unless you want to do an experiment for us...

well the price seems right what the heck I will give it a shot,,,,,,I don't think the guy who is selling it really knows what it is off, looks like a xr200 shock to me and he is not sure if it is xr or xl lol well like you said it can't hurt to upgrade from what I have ,,,,,,,I will let you know :devil:

well the price seems right what the heck I will give it a shot,,,,,,I don't think the guy who is selling it really knows what it is off, looks like a xr200 shock to me and he is not sure if it is xr or xl lol well like you said it can't hurt to upgrade from what I have ,,,,,,,I will let you know :devil:

Can you post a picture of it?

"O"

how do i post a picture, sorry I am new to TT[/img]

Is it on Ebay? If so, you could just post the link for the auction.

If it's not, get an account at photobucket.com, and you can post a link from there.

xl200.jpg

I hope this works

It looks like a worthy gamble to me :devil: I think that is an XR shock though...Then again, I could be wrong...