Quick Draw

XR200R Modification Guide

Just a quick question ...my buddy has a set of front forks off a 85/86 xr 250 would theses bolt right up??

Just a quick question ...my buddy has a set of front forks off a 85/86 xr 250 would theses bolt right up??

Go to the first post on the 1st page will explain all.

Doesn't say a thing about 250 front forks.....says the rear shock is questionable but that is not what I was asking

Doesn't say a thing about 250 front forks.....says the rear shock is questionable but that is not what I was asking

Yes, you can bolt them up, because the bearings are the same. Currently I don't remember whether that year of an XR250 had disc brakes. If it did, you will need the whole front end. If not, just get the forks and clamps.

More details are coming to the sticky soon. You guys have no idea how much time I have put into that already...:naughty: There is just so much information....:bonk:

geat stuff Quick D. did you find out the year for the 250 rear suspension yet?? And some of us know how much time you put into it and greatly appreciate it too!!!

A buddy of mine has a 2002 XR200R - he has asked me to re-jet his bike for him. Does anyone know what "power-up kit" honda part numbers are to be used? Can these bikes be re-jetted? :bonk:

Thanks

I just went to the local Honda dealer and got 1 size up on both main and pilot, I also desnorkelled and put a unifilter in so it could breathe better

A buddy of mine has a 2002 XR200R - he has asked me to re-jet his bike for him. Does anyone know what "power-up kit" honda part numbers are to be used? Can these bikes be re-jetted? :bonk:

Thanks

There is no "power-up kit", because these carbs are very basic, and a couple new jets does the same thing any "power-up kit" would do. For any performance gain, use basic jetting principles, keeping in mind that they come lean from the factory.

Thanks for your help on this - I think I'm going to have my friend buy one size up on the needle and one size up on the main. :bonk:

I believe its 110 main, 40 pilot. If I'm wrong it's because my bike has never had stock jets, being in Colorado and all.

• Like 1

the pilot is 38. I looked it up and posted in his thread the main was either 110 or 115 I can't remember now. Maybe when i am not feeling lazy I will put the years and stock size jets on here and you can add them to the first post quickdraw.

Stock jetting

XR200 (not XR200R)

main 102

pilot 35

Needle position 3rd groove

Pilot screw initial setting 1 3/4 turns out

XR200R (81-83 only)

Main 138

Pilot none

Needle position 3rd grove

Pilot screw initial setting 2 1/2 turns out

XR200R (86 and later)

Main 112 (86) 110 (87 and later)

pilot 38 35(98 and later CA only)

Needle position 3rd groove

Pilot screw initial setting 1 1/8 turns out

No info yet on 84-85 I will update with those later can ya add this into teh sticky quickdraw

• Like 2

Thank you for adding these onto the 1st post quickdraw. I am sure it will help guys to know where to start off from.

I have an 02 xr200 and im intrested in a head lightand want to know what kind of light did you go with in the front? How was it Mounted? Were did u get it? Also, thanks for the tips the jetting really helped me out. To add to the exhaust i put an Big Gun evo x on it and it gives me great low end and is quiet enough for the state parks it cost $420.00. Lastly im lookin at the k and n air filter for it... am i making the right choice or should i go with something else. Thanks

I have an 02 xr200 and im intrested in a head lightand want to know what kind of light did you go with in the front? How was it Mounted? Were did u get it? Also, thanks for the tips the jetting really helped me out. To add to the exhaust i put an Big Gun evo x on it and it gives me great low end and is quiet enough for the state parks it cost $420.00. Lastly im lookin at the k and n air filter for it... am i making the right choice or should i go with something else. Thanks

You can go with just about any headlight on the market thats at or under 70 watts. Personally, I have the UFO Twin that I think I bought from the TT store. It has two 35 watt halogens. Most headlights are just mounted with rubber straps that go around the fork tubes.

K&N = Bad for dirt bikes. You would be much better off with a foam filter, like UNI, TwinAir, NoToil, etc.