where to ride near grand junction?

My buddy and i are planning a trip for this weekend. we were going to ride taylor park and get a cabin but the weather looks crappy. so instead we are going to head further west.

i have been told about rabbit valley and places near fruita and grand junction.

we will be staying 2 days arrivng friday evening and plan to ride all day sat and sun.

if anyone lives near there and would like to join us we are all for it. if anyone has ridden there and knows some good places to go either in green mountain or moab i am all ears, any suggestions?

A better question would be, Where can I not ride?

Grand Junction is surrounded in abobe hills, and you can ride through those all day. There is a trail that starts down in the hills and takes you all the way to Delta ( like 10 miles ) and from there You can take a trail up Grand Mesa and get a cabin so you can ride those excellent trails there.

that'd be my idea of an ideal weekend.

But seriously, you can ride pretty much every where so I hope you have tons of fun

8 of us are headed over Fri morning to ride Fri and Sat. We will be riding behind the airport (we know our way around very well). We will be out there about 8:30 on Sat morn if you want to join us. Just take Horizon drive north to the airport, then go west to the first road you can turn north on, (27 1/4 Road, I think) and drive till you are on the north side of the airport. Look for a white f250 crew cab with a white trailer, and a blue dodge 2500 crew cab. If it is too wet out there (which I doubt) we will head up to rabbit valley. To get there go west on 70 to the "rabbit Valley" offramp (last offramp before you hit Ut) and park on the east side of the highway.

We will be staying at Comfort Inn on horizon if you want to hook up Sat morning. Better check on rooms if you are planning on staying in a hotel, they are booked pretty solid this weekend.

CoKTM

I could be wrong but I have never heard of Green Mountian, but you could be thinking of Green River wich is 100 miles west of Grand Junction and has some of the best riding in the country to offer, so if you want to ride hit me up and I will work somthing out. :thumbsup:

hey man that would be great, can you PM me your phone number or somthing, ill go ahead and make the reservations.

we will be driving a gray 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 2 honda CRF bikes in the back. would really appreciate you showing us around.

Kevin

I could be wrong but I have never heard of Green Mountian, but you could be thinking of Green River wich is 100 miles west of Grand Junction and has some of the best riding in the country to offer, so if you want to ride hit me up and I will work somthing out. :thumbsup:

yes that is what i ment sorry, and i would really appreciate all the help. we are used to mountain wodded area riding single track, wherever you think is best for us to ride i am at your mercy.

if the weather is good i want to have a good time riding, we will be driving 420 miles to avoid weather and spend a couple days tearing it up.

we would be so appreciative to have someone who knows the area show us around.

if you wouldnt mind pmming your contact info that would be great!

One word of caution, if the adobe hills are wet they are pretty much unrideable, the mud is like concrete and builds up on your bike until the wheels will no longer turn, avoid wet abode hills at all cost. The good news is that they (adobe hills) dry up quickly and a small amount of moisture is not a concern. Rabbit Valley is probably a better place to go if it is wet, or 10 mile wash in utah. Have fun...

Yeah and if you go riding in the adobe's, avoid the large white spots of alkali

it kinda looks like sand and feels like it at first, but you will usually end up out in the middle of it and be pretty well screwed if you ride a smoker like me.

It looks dry, but under neath there is anywhere from 3 to 9 inches of some of the worst smelling and stickiest mud ever.

FYI, there is also some really fun adobe riding outside of Delta and Montrose and you can usually ride it all year long.