Sign in to follow this  

Advise on different tailight option

I am looking at changing the lights/sigs on the rear. The Edge looks nice, but I started thinking what about a light with the sigs integrated. They make them for sport bikes. It would be nice to not have any blinkers sticking out at all (especially since I've broke mine off twice). Has anyone tried to fit the light from another bike? The Zuki GXR tailight is a similiar shape ( http://www.sportbikecreations.net/index.htm ). Any thoughts or ideas? Would it hold up for light offroading? Thanks. :thumbsup:

"Fozz" on supermotojunkie has an 01 R1 taillight on his wr450. Best looking tailight ever IMO!

DSC00252Large.jpg

Here is what I did...order the Edge from Freewheeling, along with the 601 LED turn signals in the smoke color. Install the tail light as per instructions, and install the turn signals on the subframe dropouts where the fender, and the side panels meet. The signals stick out enought that you can see them as a motorist from behing, but they are super stealth otherwise...they will also never get hit in a spill as they don't even stick out past the side panels. Everyone that has checked out my bike was like " dude, I thought you were supposed to have signals" They don't even notice them until you point them out. Look into it...it's the best set up in my opinion.

Fabulous could you post some pictures? maybe with blinkers on and off. I am interested on how this is set up, and looks.

I'd love to post pictures, but I don't have a digital camera. I'll see if I can steal my buddies over the weekend, and post them. It's actually very easy...look at the subframe that the fender mounts to...then look at how there are little dropouts on either side, just back of where the exhaust mounts. The holes in them are the persect size for mounting the DRC 601 LED turn signals (the small smoke color, bullet shaped ones from Freewheeling Cycle supply) then run the wiring thru the slots provided on each side of the fenders. It's super clean looking, and as I said before...ultra stealthy. The only problem I came accross was when I was looking into a new aftermarket exhaust, and if it provided enough clearance...the stock pipe provides approx. 1cm of space, and the pipe doesn't even get hot enough to do any damage. I'm telling ya fellas...it's the way to go.

I ordered the Edge tail light from wheeling cycle, because its the best looking light I think. Installed ok, once I figured out you were supposed to mount the light on top of the subframe. My only gripe is that the license plate bracket included doesn't fit a license plate... the holes are 3/8" or so too narrow. I stole the bracket off the stock rear fender (the metal piece only) and bolted that to the bracket, and the plate to the stock bracket.

I'd love to post pictures, but I don't have a digital camera. I'll see if I can steal my buddies over the weekend, and post them. It's actually very easy...look at the subframe that the fender mounts to...then look at how there are little dropouts on either side, just back of where the exhaust mounts. The holes in them are the persect size for mounting the DRC 601 LED turn signals (the small smoke color, bullet shaped ones from Freewheeling Cycle supply) then run the wiring thru the slots provided on each side of the fenders. It's super clean looking, and as I said before...ultra stealthy. The only problem I came accross was when I was looking into a new aftermarket exhaust, and if it provided enough clearance...the stock pipe provides approx. 1cm of space, and the pipe doesn't even get hot enough to do any damage. I'm telling ya fellas...it's the way to go.

Sounds good. I would like to see the pics also. :thumbsup:

I put some flush mounts on mine with a drc edge. The flushmounts went on with 2 way tape so you can mount them any where. I stuck the fronts to the side of the head light shroud and the rears on the part of the number plate that runs up against the rear fender. Looks super clean with no blinkers sticking out. And I know what your thinking, 2 way tape? I've tried to pull them off and can't, the stuff works good.

WEll....Since we are on this subject again, I'll ask once more what to do with the inspection sticker as mine is stuck on the stock whale tail.

Only thing I ccan imagine is to re-stick onto the frame at the triple clamp?

Thanks

My insp. sticker is located on the left fork near the triple clamp,almost invisible yet in plain view.

That's what I'm thinking will work well. But...What about re-sticking an existing one? No Problems to remove and re-stick?

Generally it is unlawful to remove/tamper with them unless they have expired perhaps.Most insp. stickers will desintegrate if tampered with anyway.They are designed to kind of fragment or chip apart to prevent someone from transfering them to another vehicle.

Generally it is unlawful to remove/tamper with them unless they have expired perhaps.Most insp. stickers will desintegrate if tampered with anyway.They are designed to kind of fragment or chip apart to prevent someone from transfering them to another vehicle.

Well, yes this is kind of my concern / question of folks experience

Well, yes this is kind of my concern / question of folks experience

Every single registration sticker that I have attempted to remove in one piece has ended up in 10 pieces?(vehicle registration/off road stickers).....if you know of a secret method? maybe you should enlighten us....

Every single registration sticker that I have attempted to remove in one piece has ended up in 10 pieces?(vehicle registration/off road stickers).....if you know of a secret method? maybe you should enlighten us....

Well, I wass the on asking "what about the inspection sticker" on the stock WHALe TAIL.

I plan on getting an Edge tail light.....so I have sked twice now, last time about 6 weeks ago amidst one of these threads and got no answer....today I am receiving replies.

I do know a good way for car stickers on windshield....Put Wide, clear tape over the sticker. Then carefully get it off helping with razzzor blade when/where needed.

Put Wide, clear tape over the sticker. Then carefully get it off helping with razzzor blade when/where needed.

See...learn something new everyday! :thumbsup:

Can you provide contact info on Freewheeling cycle? Internet search didn't come up with anything. Thanks.