Slight oil leak

Hey I have a small light trickle of oil coming from the metal tube on the left side of the engine going from the oil tank to the engine case. The bike is an 03 yz450. When I rebuilt the motor (two rides ago) I replaced the o-ring with a new one and torqued the bolt to spec. Any tips on getting it to seal up???

Hey I have a small light trickle of oil coming from the metal tube on the left side of the engine going from the oil tank to the engine case. The bike is an 03 yz450. When I rebuilt the motor (two rides ago) I replaced the o-ring with a new one and torqued the bolt to spec. Any tips on getting it to seal up???

Hmm I have had this problem too.

I keep a ready supply of those o-rings so that I can replace them as required. I also apply a very small amount of silicone gasket sealant to the edges before I bolt it back on. Probably a cludgy fix and I'll probably get flamed for offering it but it works for me. When I open it up I just wipe the sealant off (it is soft and just peals off). Check the o-ring make sure it is OK etc..

As I said, I know this is a cludgy fix. I am however very careful to make sure no sealant gets in to the inside where the oil is flowing..