Ride Reports / Owner Opinions

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a 150R for my daughter for Christmas and took it out to the desert this week, other than being a little cold blooded once warmed up this bike rips. I rode it through some rough trails in 5th gear with no problems I could take it up some pretty steep hills and still upshift. Boy where were this bikes when I grew up. Good stuff here. When she outgrows it or moves on It's mine!!! LOL

I got the bike for Christmas and it is awesome.

plenty of power.

theres a bog that i'm gonna try to improve with some new jets.

everyone says its too loud but its not. its just fine and it sounds great.

the sound of it reminds me of a 250F.

?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Three Old Guys bought 'em and are having a BLAST racing MiniMoto on the East Coast, these bikes are a hoot ! We entered a few big bike classes and frustrated some CRF450's and 250's for fun. Pictures and stories are over on SuperMotoJunkie under the racing section. I miss the torque of my modified DRZ125 but when in Rome......

Race On !

• 2 weeks later...
Hey do you all think the #420 chain is going to hold up to the 4 stroke power? Yamaha 85's come with #428 chains. Also is there alot of engine breaking on the 150?

the stock chain doesnt last long at all. i got my 150rb for christmas 2006 and all i ride is trails. i have probably rode about 300+- miles and already need a new chain. all 4-strokes have engine breaking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just Took mine out today for the 2nd time...I went to Carnegie Hills....The bike preformed awesome! Its Great for climbing the hills at Carnegie. The power seems to be amazing for its size. Had a Fun day today other then dumping it twice :worthy:...if any of you guys ride at Carnegie hit me up Id like to ride with another 150R rider!

-Mario

I currently ride a Suzuki DRZ 125 and am looking at upgrading. I want something bigger and more powerful like a CRF150R. When i go riding i usually go to a forest and ride on 4WD tracks. The only thing i want to know is, would the 150R be good for hill climbs, down hill, creek crossings, rocks, ruts and all the other things that are trail riding.

• 2 weeks later...

took mine out to sand hill last friday. had a blast. man, i was sweating compared to my ttr, and my ttr was a pain to handle. must've been the excitement. i actually got some air on both wheels.. can wheelie the front coming off a hill... never on my fat butt on my TTR125.

now my buds hate me cuz they all want one after riding mine, after they just got their drz125L's and big boring them soon (one has a 170cc kit already). ?

Im buying a 2008 for my son . has the camshaft chain problem been solved I have not heard of any problems in england the 2008 only has rear silencer and graphics changed

As Far as I know the 08s have the upgraded camshaft stock...most of the later 07s have it as well...I think the only diff from the 07 to 08 is graphics and some diff jets

• 2 weeks later...

im looking at a used 07 150r for some play ridding & trail ridding. Not muc hinot MX anymore just do some play ridding & supermoto on my wr450f & my SDG pit bike (125 gpx motor). Im looking for more info from people that have ridden these for awhile & mantanaced them. How well do the valves hold up & how often are you adjusting/replacing them? Whats this cam/cam chain issue ive heard about? Any other motor/tranny issues to look out for? I usually ride yamaha since they dont need as much maintance as the honda do (valve wise) but since yamaha decided to wait till 09 im looking atthe hondas right now. Any technical info would be greatly appreciated. Also im 6'1 205lbs and 36yrs old if any of that matters lol.