V Force or Power Now for 06 YZ250

Just picked up an 06 YZ250. Only mods are a FMF Gnarly pipe and Q silencer. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using the V-Force and/or Power Now - Power Now+ on this bike? I've read some reviews, but I'd like to hear from any one who has used these in the real world. Thanks for your input.

Personally I don't like restriction plates in my carbs. A smaller carb (or the effect of one) will of course give better low end. You would probably be better off trying the next leaner slide as this controls 1/8-1/4 throttle. Most yamaha two strokes are jetted very very rich.

I do like the V-Force reeds though as they give measurable increased flow.

I would skip the power now.

The v force??? I have had very mixed results with mine. It is really ok with the stock pipe and silencer. It adds top end. I am not sure it is worth the 140.00 price tag.

I run both the V-Force and the Power Blade(different brand name for the Power Now, and cheaper), in my opinion the power blade is one of the best mods I have done, there is a noticible difference in the bottom end grunt , an example would be roll on power in heavy sand in 2nd or 3rd gear or torqueing your way a big hill. The V-Force gives you a cleaner and snappier throddle response. In combination they work very well together.

I used the V force 2 and it give the bike good snapping power, very responsive. I have heard the Power Now is a waste of 100 bucks... it doesnt do anything. But then again, i havent tried it.

I used both and was able to go down 2 teeth on the rear sprocket. It really gave me a nice broad power spread.

I had no luck with my PowerNow, no noticeable difference, have not used the V-force, but heard they are worth it

I used both and was able to go down 2 teeth on the rear sprocket. It really gave me a nice broad power spread.

I have to agree with that pamatt, I run a 15t countershaft sprocket and it pulls it beautifully. Jetting it right is the key to getting the best out of them.

I have to agree with that pamatt, I run a 15t countershaft sprocket and it pulls it beautifully. Jetting it right is the key to getting the best out of them.

I presume with the Power Now gizmo you would have to jet leaner on the pilot, slide and needle due to increased venturi signal at low speeds. Am I correct in my assumption?

Yes. With the power now I had to jet leaner off the bottom.

Correct in your assumtion husabutt, leaner on the bottom for the power blade, richer up the top for the V-Force.

Thanks Pamatt and BRM for confirming my working theory.

I'll vouch for the v-force 3, cleaner, quicker, stronger throttle response that does want a richer main. it's worth the bucks, especially those running race fuel.

I'll vouch for the v-force 3, cleaner, quicker, stronger throttle response that does want a richer main. it's worth the bucks, especially those running race fuel.

i agree! :worthy: works fantastic with my YZ125 :D