Sign in to follow this  

What sprocket are you running??

just ordered a DID ER2 chain and figured i would get a new sprocket while i'm at it

i do 60%trail riding 40%track riding

but really want to focus more on the track riding

thanks

52 no more gap between 2nd. and 3rd. I tried a 50 but did not like it. Although with a 52 you'll need a 116 chain or a stretched out 114 to make it fit.

I disagree on using a 50 for trails. I would go with a 51 or even a 52. 1st is just too tall in the gnarly stuff with a 50. JMO

I disagree on using a 50 for trails. I would go with a 51 or even a 52. 1st is just too tall in the gnarly stuff with a 50. JMO

Got to agree there. I used a 50 recently for a few rides and it was pretty good, except in the real gnarly tight stuff there was lots of clutching and it was much more work.

I raced Sunday since switching back to a 51 again and it worked great.

52 on some mx tracks can make 2nd feel useless and too short. 50 can space out the ratios too far making it difficult to catch 3rd early and keep it pulling.

believe it or not. stock 51 is the best compromise and i said compromise. 3rd gear is a bit tall in the honda trans. the sprocket juggling is just a band aid. it needs a little shorter 3rd.

52 no more gap between 2nd. and 3rd. with a 52 you'll need a 116 chain or a stretched out 114 to make it fit.

what he said!

13 / 53

100% Trail riding.. makes the real loose and tough stuff easy to go slowly over...

As I get better and can go more quickly through it all I may drop the rear end down a couple.

52 on some mx tracks can make 2nd feel useless and too short. 50 can space out the ratios too far making it difficult to catch 3rd early and keep it pulling.

believe it or not. stock 51 is the best compromise and i said compromise. 3rd gear is a bit tall in the honda trans. the sprocket juggling is just a band aid. it needs a little shorter 3rd.

The reason the factory guys have different trannys. I use the 52 also and find 2nd useless but I just try to keep it in 3rd now.