best mods for extra HP

I have $300 U.S

What is the best HP related mod for my CRF250 "06"?

It seems to lack responsiveness in the higher gears , it is lucky to pull a 4th gear wheelie, the engine is perfect

I"m thinking maybe it is the stock jetting?

I want to keep the stock gearing (13 and 52) but wouldn't mind finding a relatively cheap mod to increase overall power output, more exitement.

with a high performance cam you have to get valve springs witch cost some $ too

VALVE SPRINGS??!

As far as i know most of the ( stage 1 & stage 2 ) camshafts all could be fitted to a pretty much stock head with very little modification needed, maybe just the valves need to be shimmed within camshaft specifications..

Then again, if you do go for a camshaft, make sure whoever is installing it for you, get them to check the springs out anyway and if they show signs of wear/damage... better off replacing them.

you can get our proven G1 cam and intake valvesprings for 219$ in a regrind.....it adds more power than a 700$ pipe or porting, the springs we use actualy help with longer valve life and more rpm's because of no more seat bounce when you over rev it.....the jetting you run stock main and a 42 - 45 pilot....what year is the bike ? if it's old ( 40 hrs plus ) you need your valves replaced for optimum performance gains.

Well If Crower going to spam, then MDK SE can make your carb run flawlessly for $$$. Need to change out just about every jet and reset the float height. No need for P38s and Boyesen coovers. Free mod would be to set your valve clearance to .004 intake and .006 exhaust. Added valve lift and duration for a little more peak HP. Add a high comp piston when it comes time $ plus labor, that should get you close to 36HP for next to nothing. Hope I haven't upset anyone ?

thats funny that, my valves closed over today whilest riding, very dusty conditions (Australia), bike got harder and harder to start and now, won't start, I hope that not to much damage has been done, I might ask my local dealer about the G1 cam and intake valvesprings from crower power, do you guys have an Aussie distributor?

Well If Crower going to spam, then MDK SE can make your carb run flawlessly for $$$. Need to change out just about every jet and reset the float height. No need for P38s and Boyesen coovers. Free mod would be to set your valve clearance to .004 intake and .006 exhaust. Added valve lift and duration for a little more peak HP. Add a high comp piston when it comes time $ plus labor, that should get you close to 36HP for next to nothing. Hope I haven't upset anyone ?

Crower is a TT sponsor. He isn't spamming. :lame:

you can buy direct or go to Moose Xsportz in au .... , we also stock OEM honda valves / heads for that rebuild your gonna do.....you will be roosting hard with the G1 cam setup in a fresh rebuild with new valves and race springs. Motorsport outlet will carry these crower part # 's very soon for the early and late style 450 cams, G1 - 250's , G1 - 150 r 07'cams....all the new stuff.