Sign in to follow this  

Rear Linkage

Is there any good way to grease the rear linkage without pulling the swingarm off. I rotated the bolt not ot long ago, but i'm still not looking forward to getting it out.

You'll want to grease that swingarm bolt anyway. Just hammer that dude out....if it rotates, it's not too late.

That it rotates doesn't mean squat. It can still be corroded to the sleeves and that's what makes it tough to get out. Pull it now if you have any doubts about it.

Alright guys, bit the bullet and did it. Had set aside every day after school (from like 2:30-5:30) for this... finished it today... don't u just love when things go easier the planned!

But thanks, I did end up pulling the swingarm... wasn't to bad.

What did you do to get it out? I want to try to pull that bolt out on my bike but haven't figured out a good way yet.

Well, earlier in the year i used a bunch of liquid wrench and got the nut off and turned the whole thing around and wacked it out a bit (few inches) so that helped. But basically, get a big ass breaker bar (i used teh center out of some dumbell thing... it's like 5 feet) to get the nut off... and don't be shy with the penatrating lube. Then wacked the end of the bolt with a hammer, then used a long metal rod once it got to far in to wack with the hammer alone... then it poped out after a while. Whole job, from start to finish (still need to put seat and side numberplate back on but that's what, 6 screws?) was like 3 hours tops. Although, remember, i didn't pull the bearing out of the linkages because i don't have the tools. Instead i just gobbered them up with alot of grease. Should work, i hope.

That it rotates doesn't mean squat. It can still be corroded to the sleeves and that's what makes it tough to get out.
I concur most whole-heartedly on this point. If it's corroded in there, the bolt and sleeve will spin together. :thumbsup:

well, i also moved it out a few inches (but not the whole way) so if it was corroded togeater, that broke the corosion.