Sign in to follow this  

kickstand for 520 exc 2002

Broke my kickstand this weekend. Need to replace. CAn't stand the OEM kickstand as it hardly holds.

Any good alternatives. I viewed the Trail Tech (looks good) but was wondering if anyone has one and how does it compare to the oem.

Any other / better alternatives.

Amazing how you miss a simply item such as a kickstand when you dont' have one.

MIR

did you break the stand in half or just break the usuall KTM fault " the inner bolt" on the stand cause it cost me 2 bucks to fix the bolt prob i just put a high tensile bolt in place of the weak KTM one..

but if youve broken the whole stand in 2 im out of ideas sorry:(

Update to the newer bolt and spacer from KTM. That way you can go to the hardware store to get replacment bolts. Then get "The Pad" from Brap Offroad so you stop breaking bolts.

Another alternative for your 2002 is to go over to KTM Talk and buy a centerstand kit from Vintage Speedy. I love mine, it makes all kind of maintenance easier, and my bike hasn't fallen over since I installed it. It really is the way to go. :thumbsup::lame::p

Broke my kickstand this weekend. Need to replace. CAn't stand the OEM kickstand as it hardly holds.

Any good alternatives. I viewed the Trail Tech (looks good) but was wondering if anyone has one and how does it compare to the oem.

Any other / better alternatives.

Amazing how you miss a simply item such as a kickstand when you dont' have one.

MIR

I broke several "new" bolts and also tried the pad from BRAP. All failed. Then I got a new pro moto billet sidestand and all problems were solved. This is the sidestand that KTM should have made for the EXC all along.

R

I can't imagine having all those problems. I broke one or two of those bolts in my first KTM's back in 98 but none since. With a little care and the pad, the stands are very good, IMO. Are you sitting and/or starting the bike while it's on the stand or something?

My battery had gone dead. The bike is a little tall for me, so I was kickstarting the bike with the kickstand down. I have done this before and was ok, but the morning was cool and it was having a hard time kicking over, so I really laid into it. When I did, it fired up but the stand at the bolt snapped. I have to the replace the whole thing at this point.

My fault, I know, just want some recommendations. Thx for all those that have replied.

MIR

You can sit on your bike forever and kick it all you want with Speedy's centerstand kit. :thumbsup::lame::p Only for 2003 and older bikes though. :bonk: