What does it take to turn it road legal?

I'm probably going to be getting a Kawasaki KLX250S but a buddy of mine said hes going to turn a 450X street legal so I'm wondering what does it take/cost to do so? Are there kits?

I'm probably going to be getting a Kawasaki KLX250S but a buddy of mine said hes going to turn a 450X street legal so I'm wondering what does it take/cost to do so? Are there kits?

You'll have to find out what you need for your state. Mine has a brake light, horn, and mirror and I got it plated. Kansas may be different.

Each state is different, in some it isn't even possible, in others it's easy. Baja Designs makes a kit for the 250/450X.

Kansas requires a headlight, brake light and mirrors, no turn signals required but that doesn't mean I wouldn't install them. But that isn't as big of a problem as the seat height on a 450X would be, I'm already pushing it with the Kawasaki KLX250S at 34.8". I'm 5'9"

I still wonder how average people ride on these large displacement dirt bikes I've never attempted to sit on anything larger then 250 cause they are all so huge. And I don't like the idea of lowering them. I'd love to buy a large displacement dual sport or make my own but I just think it would be bad for my height.

I can only dream of the Aprilia RXV 5.5 but it has the most insane seat height I've seen... 39.2" I'd have to run and jump on that thing like a horse.

both baja designs and california dual sport are second rate. Go with trick dualsport