Sign in to follow this  

Gonna ride agin, is the 05x good?

I am going to start riding agian after a year off. Many injuries due to moto x but I am bored out of my mind. My dealer has a ton of the 05s and I can get one cheap. Is the 05x a good bike? How is the durability. If not will their be many changes to the 07? And I am only gonna do offroad stuff now! :thumbsup:

I'm not sure on changes for 07. But i can say the 450x is the best damn bike i have ever had. Great on trails and u can still make a trip out the track when u want. I have a 05' and i haven't had a problem yet. Just change the oils regularly and u have yourself a great machine. Oh yeah and the electric start is awesome! I have never been a fan of e-start but after having it now for awhile i am a believer....

I don't think they've changed a thing except for graphics, the only difference will be the resale value. I'm getting close to 3,000 miles(not easy ones either) and the only problem has been 2 fork seals. Valves still in spec and this is the one I find hardest to believe is the stock chain and sprockets, only had to adjust twice!! Have never even touched the kickstarter or the battery.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/RKG/DSCN0026.jpg

Always seem to need tire tho. The front rim has got some good dents, bent the rear rotor and put a hole in the radiator with a branch.. Awesome bike!!

You're gonna love the X. There were no real differences between the 05 and 07, so spend the money you'll save on gas, oil, and gear. Welcome to the X club! :thumbsup::lame:

Cool guys what about power. My last bike was a crf488 with a ton of money in it!

CRF488 huh,....well, here's my opinion: the stock X is about 42hp, uncorked and jetted but no aftermarket anything about 45hp, and fully uncorked, no motor work about 47. The stock motor is great, but it badly needs jetting and uncorking and a proper pipe. An "R" cam, and you are at about 48/9hp. But remember, this thing has torque where the R never could. Well, maybe not the 488. Truly after setting it up properly ($1280 in ergos/suspension, and $500.00 in performance) it is the easiest bike to ride I have ever ridden.

The bike, as you may or may not know, has very few CRFR parts, and is really a less agressive bike. That is actually a good thing, cause you can ride this thing all day without getting beat to death. Yes it is a bit heavy for racing on a track, but not for fun riding.

Suspension is another major thing on this bike. Stock, the suspension is useless for any weight rider, as it is mismatched front to rear spring/damping wise. A quick spring change and damper re-stack, and the bike is transformed, to say the least.

Buy it now.

I have to agree. Buy the X. I'm running the JD jet red needle, 170 main, open air box, Twin Air, and Yosi slip on. Bike runs very strong. Power is very linear so if you have to have the R like hit do the O ring mod and consider the R cam. I like Av gas/ 91 pump gas 50/50. Suspension will need some reworking but that is true of any new bike IME. Basic bone stock 450X is is the best platform to modify from IMHO. As far as reliability goes, all these bikes can have problems but I think the 450X certainly lives up to Honda reliability standards. Fanatical maintenance helps too:)

Okay, buy the 05 save some dough, spend it on jd jetting,hot cams stage1, yosh pipe, boysen quickshot, pro action suspension, what about the fasst bars guys? I will pick up bike tommorow. They gave it to me 5500.00 out the door. I already get ten over cost due to liflong mx sponsorship. Flyn Ryan Menke

Hey crfxer, what's that "strap" across the back of your seat? :thumbsup: Is that a quick release gadget or something?

Its a "Tugger", something to grap onto. its pretty tight between the fender and the FMF Q to get a hand hold when you need too. Also, even tho it says not to, its a place to tie a tow strap if you go riding with those other bikes

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/RKG/DSCN0179.jpg

Ever have somebody break down? Try and find a place to tie a tow rope!

i had stopped riding for about 7 years and bought a 450X best thing i ever did i LOVE my bike and love it more with each ride as a side bonus i bought my son (who is my best friend also, we're always together) a CRF70 best thing ive done as a father to make a great relationship even better

is it good?

do you enjoy beer and salty snacks? if so, there is no other bike in the world for you. get the '05 dude, u can do it!

Its a "Tugger", something to grap onto. its pretty tight between the fender and the FMF Q to get a hand hold when you need too. Also, even tho it says not to, its a place to tie a tow strap if you go riding with those other bikes

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/RKG/DSCN0179.jpg

Ever have somebody break down? Try and find a place to tie a tow rope!

cool! who's bike hasn't broken down? great idea...