Sign in to follow this  

carb AP MOD....

i was forced to run a 42 tooth rear sprocket on my bike ( it was a spare i had) so needless to say the bottom end was suffering... well after perusing the

AP MOD... on the CRF450 forum i decides to try the o-ring mod just for fun and to see if it would make a difference...MAN O MAN.. this things wheelies out of the corner now even with the tall gearing i am running.. definetly a must do for low end performance!!! im almost afraid of what it will do when i go back to the 49 tooth sprocket :thumbsup: !!!! so if anyone has thought about this mod i highly recommend it!!!! :lame: nathan

i couldnt tell you anything about the carb..i assume its stock but not sure... and im running a DSP pipe and muffler (the SX version).... nath

I read the AP writeup. So you did just the oring or wire mod? No shaving and your bike hauls now? No part two of mod? No change in jetting?

I read the AP writeup. So you did just the oring or wire mod? No shaving and your bike hauls now? No part two of mod? No change in jetting?

correct! just the oring.. now im sure if i did all the rest then it would REALLY haul the mail , but for right now its good enough for me... maybe once i put the stock gear back on (its way tall right now), then i may have to do the rest but its awesome so ill leave it untill i feel i need more... nath