Gas Tank / Rubber Stopper underneath - TTR250

I noticed that my gas tank moves about 3/4" when I lift it in the rear as it pivots on the 2 front attachment bolts. A couple of questions.

- Is this normal?

- What is the exact location of the rubber bumper underneath - could it be slid too far forward - is there a correct position for this?

- it looks like it is too low as the suspension adjustment nob on the right side is slightly touching the tank (which I believe is not normal.

Lastly the little rubber strap holding the tank broke - they want $14 for a new one - any tricks for replacement? :thumbsup:

thanks.

I noticed that my gas tank moves about 3/4" when I lift it in the rear as it pivots on the 2 front attachment bolts. A couple of questions.

- Is this normal?

Mine moves, but it isn't 3/4 of an inch. More like 1/2 an inch. Is it normal??? Well mine has always done it so maybe it is

- What is the exact location of the rubber bumper underneath - could it be slid too far forward - is there a correct position for this?

You want the rubber bumper facing the tank

- it looks like it is too low as the suspension adjustment nob on the right side is slightly touching the tank (which I believe is not normal.

No it is not

Lastly the little rubber strap holding the tank broke - they want $14 for a new one - any tricks for replacement? :thumbsup:

Unfortunetly the stealership is the only place to get the parts for these things unless you want to wait weeks. You think $14 is bad for that rubber strap??? Retail on an OEM chain slider is $54!! :lame: