YZ250F FMF Power Core Four?

I haven't heard one on a 250 but my buddy has one for his 400 and it is loud. Definitely over the sound requirements for California. Not trying to be a jerk but didn't you research this stuff before you ordered it. ?

I haven't heard one on a 250 but my buddy has one for his 400 and it is loud. Definitely over the sound requirements for California. Not trying to be a jerk but didn't you research this stuff before you ordered it. :lame:

Nope, didn't research. Just got buy-happy at the shop I guess. ?

i got one on my 02 yz250f and IT IS LOUD. i got to yell to talk to someone when the bike is idling. but if u want power it got to come from somewhere. ?

02 yz250f- fmf powercore 4, pro-taper fatty bars, pro-circuit graphics kit, pro-circuit seat cover, acerbis handguards, acerbis front fender and number plate

But the old ones didn't have quiet inserts, did they? Well, if its as loud as you say i'll keep it and just get a quiet endcap for it. But, now, powerwise, how was it?

They do, I have one for mine that I am selling both the S/A and quiet core insert. And I haven't used either of them. To me it really isn't that loud. The only time I noticed a difference was when I put my stock one back on this week, it makes the stock one sound quiet. Loud, I don't think so. IMO

They do, I have one for mine that I am selling both the S/A and quiet core insert. And I haven't used either of them. To me it really isn't that loud. The only time I noticed a difference was when I put my stock one back on this week, it makes the stock one sound quiet. Loud, I don't think so. IMO

Thats a bummer. If I knew that before, I wouldn't of bought it. The guy at the dealer said it would be quieter than stock with the quiet insert in. Its a huge deal for me because my practice track is bordered by DNR land. At this time, with deer season, they get EXTREMLY anal about noise and other crap. Good thing I didn't pay for it yet. Maybe I can just avoid the "Your parts are in" phone calls, and not go in the shop for the rest of the year... Ohhh well...

i got one on my 02 yz250f and IT IS LOUD. i got to yell to talk to someone when the bike is idling. but if u want power it got to come from somewhere. ?

02 yz250f- fmf powercore 4, pro-taper fatty bars, pro-circuit graphics kit, pro-circuit seat cover, acerbis handguards, acerbis front fender and number plate

Reading this over, I have to yell to talk to people with my YZ250F idling.. And usually, I can't hear them. Thats with my helmet off.

It's loud I guess, but not that loud. You can talk normal and still be fine, I do it all of the time. It might be loud if you need to repack your silencer, other than that I put the high performance packing in (which probaly doesn't help the sound). But I will say I love this exhaust system, I also got the Powerbomb header. I just love the sound of it, hopefully I still get the same feeling that I do on my 250F on the 250 smoker. Not sure if I can't handle not having that beefy sounding bike, but oh well. ?

what 250 you buying?

I'm probaly going to get a 06 YZ250. My dad knows the owner of a dealership near us, and he said he will try to get me a good price. So I am going to see what happens. If not, I might look into the CR's even though the low end sucks, but it can be fixed and not to mention the suspension on the CR's are pretty sweet. Or I will just get a 05 YZ250. So basically it all depends on what the dealer price is.

The Powercore Titanium is rated at 100db, but I don't think that has a quiet insert. However, are you sure the part you ordered will work on an '06. Their website only lists up to '02 for the Powercore 4.

The only pipes FMF makes that I know are absolutley California compliant is the "Q" models.

My dealer only had those for FMF as an option, so I went with the White Brothers instead.

It's loud I guess, but not that loud. You can talk normal and still be fine, I do it all of the time. It might be loud if you need to repack your silencer, other than that I put the high performance packing in (which probaly doesn't help the sound). But I will say I love this exhaust system, I also got the Powerbomb header. I just love the sound of it, hopefully I still get the same feeling that I do on my 250F on the 250 smoker. Not sure if I can't handle not having that beefy sounding bike, but oh well. ?

Muffler repacking? HAH! It's a new 2006 YZ250F SE with less than an hour on it.

i just bought one and and it was alsome, until i got pulled over last weekend and wasent able to ride 4 the weekend. but it was alsome while it lasted. lots of bottomend

Bottom end? Damnit.. This thing has WAY to much bottom end as it is. What are some good mods for EVERYTHING top end and a hard hit? I'm used to two strokes, but I can ride four strokes better, so i'm looking for an in-between.

I'm probaly going to get a 06 YZ250. My dad knows the owner of a dealership near us, and he said he will try to get me a good price. So I am going to see what happens. If not, I might look into the CR's even though the low end sucks, but it can be fixed and not to mention the suspension on the CR's are pretty sweet. Or I will just get a 05 YZ250. So basically it all depends on what the dealer price is.

You can get an awsome deal right now. Dealers are trying to clear them out, because the 07's are coming out, and than the 06's are "left-overs", which right there is a HUGE hit to the value. Especially if there were big changes to the 2007's (Not sure, were there?)..

Anyways, I got my 2006 YZ250F SE for 5,160 OTD.. Got it the day they put the valve recall in. They were still putting it together when I got there.

I have the PowerCore 4 on my 2001 YZ250F.

Screw the sound laws. I love it. It has a real deep "bark" when you blip the throttle, and the power is excellent. Sounds freaking awesome.

Yea these bikes do have a lot of low end, but the YZ250fs in particular love to be rev'd out. Dont be afraid to crank it...the power up top is stellar.