Sign in to follow this  

Have you seen the new klx450r????

ok it is getting anoying there is like three post of this just look at the other post and quit posting it. :thumbsup::lame:

sorry but that headlight is ugly what is this star trek

I agree completely... Just look at the headlights and fenders on new Yamaha quads.... Gimmikery.

Hmmm... no street legal model? With KTM and Husky offering 49-50 state DOT legality, when are the Japanese manufacturers going to get serious about dualsports? (I've ridden the klx250s and liked it EXCEPT the power :thumbsup: )

I'd have one if I could get a tag. I got rid of my KLX-300 for a KTM-450 mainly for the tag, but the performance is much better also (really no comparison). Now that I've ridden the KTM-450EXC, I could never go back the the KLX-300 ; however, the new KLX-450 is up to date and will perform as well as the KTM I'm sure.

I agree that the Japanese companies need to get serious about the DS market. A lot of guys I know are dumping the Japanese off road bikes for the KTM's and Husky's due to the tag. It opens up so many more riding opportunities.

IHmmm... no street legal model? With KTM and Husky offering 49-50 state DOT legality, when are the Japanese manufacturers going to get serious about dualsports?

No kidding. Why even bother. Without the possibilty of plating the bike, I wouldn't even consider it. Why on earth would Kawi start with two strikes against them. Better to wait another year and make it plate-able, although I'm sure they could have done it in the time frame they chose. Oh well.....

Still dreaming of KTMZZZZzzzzzzzzzz...........

I am not concerned with plating it. That bike is just what the doctor ordered for me.

Sign me up.

I like it! :thumbsup:

But it will need a larger gas tank... the 2.1 gallons just won't cut it.

However, the bigger question is: Is the bike going to get a Green sticker in CA? Without that... forget about it.

I just talked to my local dealer and he said they will be green stickers.

Tht's great news, but especially here in CA in lots of areas - LPNF, the Piutes, Big Bear, even the desert - there are more and more critical dirt roads that link up trails that are being signed "no green stickers - street legal only". Without a plate, the trails are unrideable. Or at best you have to go miles and miles out of the way to make a loop or hook up. These are dirt roads that we have been riding for 20 years that are now "illegal". From this point out, I will not buy a bike that I can't plate. And it sounds like in CA the KLX450 will not be legal. Pity.....

Meanwhile Husky & KTM lead the way.....as usual.

Tht's great news, but especially here in CA in lots of areas - LPNF, the Piutes, Big Bear, even the desert - there are more and more critical dirt roads that link up trails that are being signed "no green stickers - street legal only". Without a plate, the trails are unrideable. Or at best you have to go miles and miles out of the way to make a loop or hook up. These are dirt roads that we have been riding for 20 years that are now "illegal". From this point out, I will not buy a bike that I can't plate. And it sounds like in CA the KLX450 will not be legal. Pity.....

Meanwhile Husky & KTM lead the way.....as usual.

I think KTM and Husky are very wise..... once people ride them, they like them... and become good customers. I liked my KLX a lot... but after I put all the mods and etc. into it... I wasn't that far off from the KTM-450 price which I took out the door with a tag which is an advantage in and of itself and worth the extra $$. I think you will see the Big four Japanese companies come around after they figure out they are loosing market share in the offroad market. And when you consider that KTM and Husky use top shelf parts and need little if any after market mods... the price is a wash.

I agree completely... Just look at the headlights and fenders on new Yamaha quads.... Gimmikery.

Hmmm... no street legal model? With KTM and Husky offering 49-50 state DOT legality, when are the Japanese manufacturers going to get serious about dualsports? (I've ridden the klx250s and liked it EXCEPT the power :thumbsup: )

I agree!! As far as obtaining a title and plate, we'll see?? Some states make it very easy, some not. I've already sent E Line some mail and it's already on their radar screen. Depending on what they provide I don't see to much of an issue making the requirements in place in my state.

One thing people do not think about is: Even if you can get a plate for your bike, it takes a lot of time and $500-800 to get the bike really DOT legal (including DOT tires DOT head/tail, turn signals, voltage conditioning, horn, wiring, speedo/odo, etc, etc).

With the Husqvarna's costing within $100 of most of the other makes of comparable displacement (Yamaha WR450F --vs-- TE450, And less than some- like KTM), it means big savings of time and $$$ if you want to ride on the road legally. Plus you don't have to worry about your plate being taken away (read about the California issues in the dualsport/adventure forum) Then there's the fact that Huskvarna's come with higher grade components (Excel rims for instance...) and easier maintenance...

I wonder what the gearbox ratios would be for the KLX450F exactly... (For highway feasability)

I wonder if they will do a 250?

Will it be the death bell for the 300 if they do?

They've got a 250 DS already. The deathnail for the 300 is the 450 I imagine. I know you are refering to a high performance 250... I can see them coming out with one... but in any case, if they don't make them DS... there's not a lot of point anymore.