Sign in to follow this  

Visual differences between SMR450 & 510?

I am just curious if there is a way to tell the 450 from the 510. Looking at them side-by-side at the dealership I did not notice any difference. I bought the 510 and then later it occurred to me - how do I know that I actually got the 510? :thumbsup: I did a check against the vin breakdown in the manual, though my format is different than the ones they list.

Anyway, I am not too concerned that the dealer gave me the wrong bike, but it did get me wondering what (if any) the visual differences are. It is interesting that they do not mark the bikes in any way.

Thanks!

Dave

SMR450 or SMR510 stickers on swing arm i think are only visual differences. I think it is only the stroke which has varied between the two. No visual sizes on cylinder ony letters.

I think you will find the stickers are the same and simply say "SMR" (unlike the TE and TC bikes). I can see some small visual differences between '06 and '07 but none between the 450 and 510. I believe it is literally the length of the rod that is different...

I stand corrected and apologise redrocket has it right smr stickers only on swingarms. Maybe husky can do something about this in the future. Is it possible to remove plug and do cylinder fill check to compare stroke against 450.

Do you have a 12 (450) or a 13 (510) in position 6 and 7 of your VIN?

Neither. ZCGAFEHBX...

Oh, which I just found on the next page of the manual (the US VIN info) :thumbsup:

450: ZCGAFENB

510: ZCGAFEHB

450 cyl has10mm step at bottom base 510 has 15mm step

Cool, this is more along the lines of what I was looking for. Some visual difference of the engine, etc.

Thanks!