ACL Reconstruction By Dr Sanders

Until recently, I didn't know what it was like to deal with an Acromio Clavicular Ligament(ACL) injury. From one doctor to the next, I received varied opinions. The local doctors shot a few x-rays, one finally did

an MRI, and that was about the end of their intended treatment. The few talks we had of surgery and resconstruction ended with concern as the physicians didn't like to do them and rarely did. I found myself in the blackhole of ortho medicine.

Anyway, after a few discussions with Dr Sanders, I decided to book a flight to Houston. As any normal person would, I wondered what I was getting myself into. One thing stuck out in my mind. Dr Sanders had reminded me in a phone conversation that the average orthopaedic surgeon simply does not understand the motocross rider mindset. This clearly summed up every treatment I had until a visit to his office.

I want to say, I was treated EXCELLENT. He even made a special effort to explain to my wife what the surgery entailed. Before I knew it I had completed an x-ray and was back in his office discussing the surgery. I found out my injury was worse that originally reported. He immediately put up the x-ray and started discussing how he would like to reconstruct the injury. I can't put it in words,

but you can just tell he is really in to what he does. He is a straight shooter. This made the decision real easy for me. About 12 hours later, my surgery was complete. I was released, came back the next day to visit

his Physical Therapist, ED N. Ed was also a very professional person who made doing the PT very exciting and a great learning experience. Ed reminds me of Arnold S in his younger days. It was truly a pleasure to deal with them both.

Now, the best part. The day after surgery, I'm on a jet back to California and I'm feeling better as every minute passes. Surgery was on Thu. On Sat, I had to actually hold myself back from doing upper body excercises at the gym. No more bone pain. No more muscle spasms. No more anatomic misalignment. I felt that good. I was out driving my stickshift

sports car and on the total body trainer by LifeFitness (uses arms and legs) on Sat! I'm ready to live again. I was so excited, I pulled the CRF450 out and fired it up. I knew I would be riding soon. (Plus, I just love the sound of that exhaust when you snap the throttle) The shoulder will need a few weeks to heal, but I could not be happier that I took this trip.

If I have another ortho crisis, I'm going to visit the Sanders Clinic for sure.

Good luck to the rest of you ortho guys and especially those w/ACL problems.

Paul B.

05 CRF450R

Usually Ride Hangtown Calif MX

Paul,

"Ed was also a very professional person who made doing the PT very exciting and a great learning experience."

You must have been on lots of pain meds!!!!! LMAO

Dr. S. did you give Ed a PITA dectomy???

Ed is great and so is Dr. S

Glad everything turned out good but hey, when you go to someone who understands what kinda nut cases we are what wouldn't you expect but great results!!

Don ?

I have been telling everyone that Dr. Mark is the way to go. This year I finished off my AC joint in practice before the Houston SX, had the surgery a couple of days later, and recovered well enough to race in the Dallas SX two weeks later.

I have been racing all my life and have had over a dozen orthopedic operations. I have never recovered faster than with Dr. Mark.

I have his number in my cell and call him first if anything untoward happens at the track. I expect with his help I will continue racing professionally for a good many years.

Jeff Dement

mxdement,

Nice to have the Dr. in your backyard (so to speak) huh!!!

You riding this years Houston SX?

I hope the Dr. is going to make me an offer again like he did last year (are you there Doc?????)

Don ?

Whats the offer ? not nice to keep secrets :lame: