Sign in to follow this  

06' Skid Plate and Front Height

I am looking to purchase a skid plate for my '06 450x. I was trying to see if it is worth paying $100 more for the works connection or get the flatland one. Any help would be appreciated.

Also when lowering the front where do you measure from on the shock. I read that lowering the front will increase steering and I want to try but I don't know where to measure from.

The WC skid plate offers more protection than any other manufacturer, I believe it incorporates an ignition guard into the design, and in my opinion is the best one on the market but it is also the priciest. Both the Flatland and TT plates offer good protection at half the price, so they would be great choices if money is an issue.

As for moving the forks up in the triple clamps I have read that moving them up 3mm will bring in the rake and make the turning radius tighter, which is good for tight trails and woods riding. I would measure from the top of the triple clamp using a caliper. Go to http://www.motorsports-network.com/honda/2005mc/crf450X.htm for suspension setups and other mods.

I have an 06 x and just installed the WC skidplate...I would sugest the WC it has complete coverage and the fit is exellent. it is pricey but better than smashing your case with the cheap factory plastic.

I'll save my homie DD the trouble.....get a flatland.....better protection 1/2 the $$$$

well your 1/2 right! the Flatland is 1/2 the price, but there is no way you can make the case that it is better protection! as good maybe, of which is arguable, but certainly not better! if you really want to know which one is best for you and which one is inferior, order both, hold one, then the other and then send the Flatland back. :thumbsup:

well your 1/2 right! the Flatland is 1/2 the price, but there is no way you can make the case that it is better protection! as good maybe, of which is arguable, but certainly not better! if you really want to know which one is best for you and which one is inferior, order both, hold one, then the other and then send the Flatland back. :lame:

that is a great response I couldn't have said it better. :thumbsup:

Well if it costs the most it must be the best..Kinda like Unabikers and Cycras............

Well if it costs the most it must be the best..Kinda like Unabikers and Cycras............

Well, it has been awhile since I purchased (and installed in 20 minutes)the Unabikers and am unaware of the cost difference between other brands. I honestly bought the Unabikers for the "pink" factor and it was much later that after reading numerous opinions that I realized that I got lucky and had bought the best rad guards for me and my type of riding. Cost did not enter into it. As far as handgaurds, I like the Tusk set up from Rocky Mountain, $50.00 for the whole set-up including hardware! Haven't failed me yet, although my bars are a little crowded.

Question, if both plates were the same cost would you still stay with Flatland?

Some might, but my guess is most would switch to the Works Connection. IMHO.

I have a flatland skid plate and radiator guards for sale...PM me if you are interested...WP skid plate is as good, cost twice as much, their radiator guards are a waste of money, I see they are marketing radiator braces also/in addition to...

Ive got the WC Heavy Duty Skit plate.. fits like a glove, protects awesomely..

Though I Have never had any others to compare..