Sign in to follow this  

Dualsporting in Southern Manitoba?

I just moved to Northwest Minnesota from Central coastal California. I have discovered the Red River Valley seems to be privately owned and it's all farmland. Pretty flat and boring. It's more barren than any desert I've ridden.

I see on the map quite a few parks not too far north of me just east of Winnipeg and was wondering if it's ok to ride there? I've gone to the websites and they were pretty vague about dirt bikes. If you ride an ATV or a snowmobile, there's plenty of info but the issue of dirt bikes is somewhat avoided. Is it unfriendly to ride there? I've heard rumors of animosity between ATV'rs and riders but don't know true it is since I've never been there. Thanks!

Hi there. I ride Off-Road/Woods/Trail and carry 3rd party liability insurance coverage. The Broker specified that the 3rd party liability coverage allowed for me to legally travel ANY trail marked Snoman (winter snowmobile trail) in the Summer months as well as areas that DO NOT have any other signage specifying, NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES. I don't ride that particular area of Manitoba seeing that I reside in Winnipeg but I'll tell you that if you are ever out North (Grand Beach,Traverse bay, Hillside, etc), wicked sand, woods trails for many, many km's of good riding. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Hey squidposer,

A couple friends of mine do a considerable amount of trail riding in the Pembina valley, one of them has land on the Cdn. side and another on the U.S side. There's a wide variety of trails out there, from 1st gear sorta stuff to 4th - 5th gear stuff, also a lot of hill climbs/play areas. Depending on where you live in MN it may be closer than riding out East of Winnipeg (I also live in Wpg. and head to Libau - Mars sand hills every once in a while).

If you want send me a PM and we can figure something out ?

Later,

AL

Forgot to mention that my buddies land is South West of Morden Manitoba, about a 15 minute drive. And my other buddies place is South East of Maida ND, same thing.. about a 15 min. drive.

Hey squidposer,

A couple friends of mine do a considerable amount of trail riding in the Pembina valley, one of them has land on the Cdn. side and another on the U.S side. There's a wide variety of trails out there, from 1st gear sorta stuff to 4th - 5th gear stuff, also a lot of hill climbs/play areas. Depending on where you live in MN it may be closer than riding out East of Winnipeg (I also live in Wpg. and head to Libau - Mars sand hills every once in a while).

If you want send me a PM and we can figure something out ?

Later,

AL

Hey there crf450319. Libau isn't quite as far North as I ride because of the fact that I have a summer cabin up at Lester Beach. Riding out my way is killer for all the sand and woods trails. Where abouts in Libau do you ride. Ever travel up to the North Star trail? I finally found the end at Stead from the entrance off of Lagimodiere North. Later