What are the differences between the E and S model?

Hi, sorry for the newbie question, but the link doesn't work in the FAQ section.

Anybody know of a working link as i can only find mindless dribble doin a normal web search.

Thanks.

dude, even I know that this subject has been discussed here a million times! do a search on this forum, not on the web...

dude, even I know that this subject has been discussed here a million times! do a search on this forum, not on the web...

It doesn't matter how many times it has been discussed if the search function is disabled....cut the guy some slack!

search results will be overwhelming anyway and therefore useless

In a nutshell...

E model has...

-Superior FCR carb.

-Hotter cam setup.

-Higher compression (Thinner base gasket)

-Lower gearing (14/47 versus 15/44)

-Softer rear spring (5.3 versus 5.5)

-No fan or t-stat.

-Knobby tires

-No rear sub-frame

-No passenger footpegs

-Less street junk

:thumbsup:

SK4 hit it on the head.

There is also a K version (Kicker) jult like the e without the magic button.

Not another one of them 'use the search button' forums are we...... :lame:

Degreez guy, i aint a 'forum' newbie and did try use the search on here but wasn't letting me search...even after the flood control filter!!

Seems a useful forum, i just know to ignore the forum whores with chips on their shoulders :p

Cheers :thumbsup:

to add to what sk4 has said,

the e model also has:

no steerring lock

no sidestand switch

lighter rate rear spring 5.3 kg. vs. 5.5 kg s model

head is milled to accept manual decompression

plastic gas tank(non-locking gas cap) frames are slightly different where tanks mount

no chain guard or tabs on swingarm

slightly different spokes (i'm getting petty here)

different front master cylinder(no switch & smaller)

different front brake line

slightly different rotors(front anyway)

manually operated fuel valve(gravity as opposed to vacuum)

that's all i can think of right now.

Cheers for all the replies :thumbsup:

Ok…… this response is getting so tiresome. Here’s a news bulletin for you guys that like to say… “this things been covered a million times why don’t you do a search?” A forum is for discussion, providing information and learning new things. If you don’t want to respond or read the thing skip it. No ones holding a gun to your head saying you have to respond to another 3X3 mod question. There’s only about 80 gazillion items discussed in TT on a daily basis. There’s going to be repetition…… DEAL WITH IT!!