Sign in to follow this  

05 TC250 Best Low $ Mods?

I have ordered an 05 TC250 from Heinens and am planning some mods. Is it worthwhile to remove the electric start and replace with the kicker? Would I be better off spending the same money on a Power Now,a good slip-on muffler, and rejetting? What exhaust is recommended? I ride trails, nothing too gnarly, and do some tracktime but don't race. Looking forward to your advice!

I have ordered an 05 TC250 from Heinens and am planning some mods. Is it worthwhile to remove the electric start and replace with the kicker? Would I be better off spending the same money on a Power Now,a good slip-on muffler, and rejetting? What exhaust is recommended? I ride trails, nothing too gnarly, and do some tracktime but don't race. Looking forward to your advice!

Low Buck Mod? 40 Pilot, 168 Main, 65 Leak Jet. Break it in easy then Re-Jet it and have fun!

The Exhaust does not make a huge difference compared to the TC Stock Can.

I bought one of those TC 250's and I had a s/a installed in the ti slip on and that made it ride way different IMO. Less stalling and lots better low end with easier starting , I also could ride a gear higher on tricky hills. Dan at MotoXotica sells the aftermarket s/a screen and can help with the installation. Plus for me where I have been riding the bike the jetting seems pretty good after changing the pipe. What pipe you use and where you ride will affect the jetting. My bike was too rich with the factory s/a can and the ti is only restricted by the s/a screen so it ran leaner with the ti can. I do think that the float bowl level is too high on my tc 250 right now though and that can have a richening effect. The bike spills gas out of the over flow when you tip the bike to the side only slightly. I plan on tuning that in when I install a power now vane soon.

Enjoy your new bike, I am really starting to love mine.