RHC modified CRF owners jetting question

Fred,

Your bike felt fine to me. If it were off anywhere I'd say it was in the pilot circuit, but even then, maybe only off by one step.

What are you experiencing with the bike that is making you question jetting?

One of the simplest things you can change at the track to see if it makes an improvement is the clip on the needle. Move it up one clip and ride the bike, if it is better you were right. If not, move it one clip below the original spot. If neither makes an improvement, put it back to the orginal position. Then work on another part of the circuit.

ben

Fred,

Your bike felt fine to me. If it were off anywhere I'd say it was in the pilot circuit, but even then, maybe only off by one step.

What are you experiencing with the bike that is making you question jetting?

One of the simplest things you can change at the track to see if it makes an improvement is the clip on the needle. Move it up one clip and ride the bike, if it is better you were right. If not, move it one clip below the original spot. If neither makes an improvement, put it back to the orginal position. Then work on another part of the circuit.

ben

Just seeing what others are running. took out the JD and ran the stock needle and it seemed to like it better. Have heard of people running 06's needles as well. Just curious to see if anyone is running anything different.

It's a monster but I'm always looking for the optimum.

i have 06 450r RHC head cam piston, 163 main, pilot im not sure i think 1-3/4 turns dont quote me, stock jets everywhere else, and needle on the 5th clip. I moved the needle up per the whitebros exh instructions, and just left it in there, moved up to 163 main and ult 4 gas when I put the RHC stuff in. I havent checked it on the dyno, but she runs awesome, no flat spots or sputters. Still on same plug since I put RHC stuff in prob 10-15hrs ago.