06 dropping valves?

There have been 2 guys here in MO that dropped valves in the last 2 weeks. Anyone else having probs... Intake valves on both.

No valve problems on ours. How do those guys ride, are they bouncing them off the rev limiter. I have yet to see a KXF fail that wasn't abused, around us anyway. Here, the same guys blow bikes no matter which brand they are on. There will be the occasional bad part, but most of the time the ones I have seen can be traced back to owner abuse. Either from riding it wrong, or not maintaining it. We have owned the 04, 05, and now 06 and they have all been perfect, not one problem. My son doesn't bounce it of the rev limiter, I check the valves often, and change the oil and clean the filter more than I probably need to.

I have the '04 and haven't had anything at all happen. Been very good to me...

Where do u guys ride at? We take trips up to Chadwicks about 2-3 times a year...

I'm in Northern Illinois.

I call bullshit, another newbie with tales of whoa! :thumbsup:

no valve problems with my 04

05 here and yes both valves keeped creeping up in the seats replaced the ti vales with stainless steal and no problems on no im not a newbe if you want to know all the steps i took to make my bike more dependable you can email me at kx250f97@sbcglobal.net Dean

these guys dont bounce them off the limiter but they are fast kids so they were riding hard. I was just wondering because it was weird that 2 of them did the same thing in the same week. and also ironic that intake valves are on backorder from kawi or so says the dealer.

they should just order them from a suzuki dealer

they should just order them from a suzuki dealer

Better make sure the '05 and '06 valves are the same part number 1st. Our '06 has never dropped a valve, even with a fast intermediate rider (10th over-all at Washougal Amateur Days), same bike all year long for practice and 26 races, MX, hare scrambles and WORCS. Rev' limiter? Yes, on occasion at every race, sometimes at practice too. Were they worn? Yes, we recently replaced them, along with the piston, rings and timing chain. This time last year, riding another brand, we'd been through 5 valve failures and a bottom end. "Let the good times roll" :thumbsup:

yes mcgrath i rode the kawi 250f in 04 and 05 and I never had any valve problems or any problems for that matter. Im not trying to give out false rumors because i believe that kawi has the most reliable 250F out there. A lot more reliable than my honda.. hell im afraid to practice on my 250F now so i just race it only and keep the time on my 450.

yes mcgrath i rode the kawi 250f in 04 and 05 and I never had any valve problems or any problems for that matter. Im not trying to give out false rumors because i believe that kawi has the most reliable 250F out there. A lot more reliable than my honda.. hell im afraid to practice on my 250F now so i just race it only and keep the time on my 450.

i am also scared of practicing on my 06 kx250f. with all these motors blowing up stories it scares me. i have 60 hours on my 250f and have only shimmed the right intake once. it was off .0002 in. no problems though. :thumbsup: knock on wood

i am also scared of practicing on my 06 kx250f. with all these motors blowing up stories it scares me. i have 60 hours on my 250f and have only shimmed the right intake once. it was off .0002 in. no problems though. :thumbsup: knock on wood

60 hours is getting up there. However, most people that think they have 60 hours, actually have far less. That said, I would recommend a new piston, rings, intake valves and cam chain.

i would think it would be hard to shim out 2 ten-thousandths of and inch