rimrock

so who all is going to rimrock?

I can't wait, this is a kick butt race and glad to see the dust dodgers pulled through this year with the permitting :thumbsup:

Colby and I will be there :thumbsup:

I might even race it..... :thumbsup:

Rhino

*would be first offroad race since...oh about 94ish.* :lame:

I was planning on it but now that I am injured I have to miss it. :thumbsup::lame:

Is there a map of that area? My husband use to hunt that are about 20 years ago. We also use to camp up there before we got in dirt biking. So I was just wondering if anyone uses a GPS if they could share the trails they've mapped. Thanks.

I will be there. no parade lap this year

Is there a map of that area? My husband use to hunt that are about 20 years ago. We also use to camp up there before we got in dirt biking. So I was just wondering if anyone uses a GPS if they could share the trails they've mapped. Thanks.
The race is held on the dry (dryish) lake bed.

Might be wet some other times of the year. :thumbsup:

The lake was still full as of laborday, but I heard that the lake was draining fast. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't miss it! Its a chance to let the 300 stretch its legs. See ya there. :thumbsup:

I am coming up from couv to ride the old guy class. Unseen rented a room at the park in the basement "just down the hall from the shared bath" for $44/nite.

Can't wait to see that deal & hope that doesn't end up the unforgettable memory.

Hear from my buddies that this is an awsome ride but to look out for the buried stumps.

when is the race?

my parents have a cabin up there and I have wanted to go check out the race for a few years now.

:thumbsup:

I am coming up from couv to ride the old guy class. Unseen rented a room at the park in the basement "just down the hall from the shared bath" for $44/nite.

Hear from my buddies that this is an awsome ride but to look out for the buried stumps.

It's not the buried stumps you have to look out for.... It's the stumps sticking up out of the mud!

In 86, I wadded up a 500 xc Husky when I got crossed up in the mud bottom and pitched the bike into a 3 foot high stump. the crash ripped off the right peg, flattened my new Up-Tite pipe, ripped off the airbox cover and filter, and broke off the right number plate.

The good news was that I rolled off the bike and fell in the mud before impact and wasn't scratched.

Seriously, the dirt has washed away from the stumps so that they are 2 to 4 feet high, not buried.

It is a very cool race though, one of my favorites. I wsh I could race it. Someone keeps scheduling work for me that weekend.

I will be there. no parade lap this year

Anyone know why no parade lap? If any event needs one it's this one. :thumbsup:

Can't wait! Maybe since it's wide open it will be the first race of the season where the short course isn't just one huge ball up. :thumbsup:

I'll be there. :thumbsup:

Can't wait! Maybe since it's wide open it will be the first race of the season where the short course isn't just one huge ball up. :thumbsup:

do you always complain :lame:

do you always complain :p
:thumbsup: only when you are around..... :lame:

Since the water has been fairly high this summer....any bets on how big any mud holes are going to be? Or do they keep you out of them now (environmental reasons and all)? Last time I was at RimRock was back in highschool and remember seeing big bore XR's buried up to their tanks. :bonk: Guys were working in teams of 3 or more to unstick each of their bikes.

Calls for sprinkles....will it keep the dust down? :eek:

Oct 01Sprinkles

Hi: 56°

Lo: 38°

I'll be there for the first time on my XR400. Is this a mud bog torture event where everyone has to carry their bikes through the holes? I had hoped for a fast event for my first harescramble.

I am not new to nasty rides I have been on the enduro circuit for a few years now. Is this too much ride?

I'll be there for the first time on my XR400. Is this a mud bog torture event where everyone has to carry their bikes through the holes? I had hoped for a fast event for my first harescramble.

I am not new to nasty rides I have been on the enduro circuit for a few years now. Is this too much ride?

I watch one year and there was one mud hole down in a low spot that sucked bikes down. It looked semi solid but the the wheels would drop down and not find a bottom :lame:....other than that it was dusty and sandy.

The next year I raced it and WA was in the midst of a drought and there was not really any mud to speak of....I am racing this one after more than 15years so I am almost as new to this as you. See you there. It is a fun race. :thumbsup: (from my memory)

I have pics from 2004 if that helps...

http://trav.smugmug.com/gallery/241895

for that year the mud wasn't bad, especially during the short course. after the long course there were some lines that were fairly deep, but nothing that couldn't be avoided.