Sign in to follow this  

Hammerhead shifter

Anybody else have trouble with the tip on your Hammerhead shifter not fully extending back to its normal position? I had to replace the spring last month at the track for that reason. I only race/ride once a month and this month in practice the shifter stayed folded up and I couldnt shift very easy. I had my spare stock one and had to change it. Now I have the faulty shifter and no spring and I am wondering if I change the spring again will I run into the same problem.

So far so, so good with my Hammerhead Shifter, coming up on a year. I'd call Hammerhead up and tell them whats going on. They seem like a cool company. Maybe they have stronger springs they can send ya.

We broke one of the springs and replaced it with the extra that they provided, never thought to re-order more, thanks for the reminder. It's still the best replacement available.

I had the same problem. Hammerhead sent me some spare parts to fix the problem, and so far all is well.

Yes I called Hammerhead and they have an updated spring that is black with a hard anodize coating.They are sending them out today.

Anybody else have trouble with the tip on your Hammerhead shifter not fully extending back to its normal position? I had to replace the spring last month at the track for that reason. I only race/ride once a month and this month in practice the shifter stayed folded up and I couldnt shift very easy. I had my spare stock one and had to change it. Now I have the faulty shifter and no spring and I am wondering if I change the spring again will I run into the same problem.

I had the same thing happen a few months ago and like you, I only ride once a month (I'm hoping this will change, the past month has been good so far, but it's been on my 600 trail riding) :lame: Maybe I should give them a ring as well, they do have good customer service. I bought mine a couple years ago and their description was not accurate (or clear) for the various years which offset to use and I ordered the wrong one, they replaced it for free and I helped them with the verbage :thumbsup: