RMX250 Fan Websites??

Are there any websites made by people who like the RMX250? I was out of dirt bikding during the years it was made, and I would like to read more about it and what some people have to say about it.

Thank you.

nothing that I've seen. There are some knowledgeable people on TT and usually chime in when questions come up. I have an 89 and love it. I just put a PC pipe and silencer on and wow, what a difference that made. The bike is a great all around dirtbike. I changed my suspension so I can hit the MX track (i race MX with it too) and hit the trails. The power comes on nicely and is a reliable bike.

Good luck with your bike.

junior

Thanks for the reply. I don't have an RMX, actually. I am just interested in reading about them, as well as the other Japanese two stroke enduro bikes of the '90's.

gotcha....I haven't owned any other enduro bikes but I've ridden a few KDX's and my opinion is the RMX is nicer. It may be my actual bike that was kept better than the ones I've ridden but it felt like the power is better and handles nicer.

Good luck with your search.

junior

Thanks for your reply, as well as sharing your expereience.

As mentioned, you should be able to find most if not all you need right right here on TT. I can tell you this from my experience. I owned and raced an 89 RMX 250 for about 12 years. Hands down the best and most reliable woods/trail bike I have ever owned. I really wish I wouldn't have got rid of it. The craftsmanship and durability was unreal. A little heavy by two-stroke standards but the bike simply rocked and never broke. As with any off-road vehicle maintenance. It had a Low 1st & 2nd gear with a killer top end on 4th & 5th. In all honesty, it was as fast if not faster than any 250 2-Stroke at the time plus the suspension, brakes and cornering was incredible. Headlight was actually very good as well.

- RCD

There was a fellow on rec.motorcycles.dirt or RMD that once had a web site but it never went anywhere as the number of owners began to decline about that time (late '90s).

If you want to read about Dirt Bike or Dirt Rider tests then send me your email address and I'll run some copies, but you have to tell me what years as I have several.

I owned a '90 for my oldest son, and I had a '97 for 7 years. It was by far the most versatile off-road bike I've had; used it for desert and mountain enduros and trail riding - never had to change gearing nor suspension settings to go from one to the other.

I sold them both on a whim just to try something different, and realize the RMX was awfully complete off-road package. It is heavy for a 250 but was slim even by today's standards.

Some folks diss it being a Suzuki, I have no reason to objectively and got many years of reliable service; it was an easy bike to work on yet did not need much service.

I also had a KDX-engined '98 KX125, and it was not nearly the bike the RMX was nor could ever be, but that's an other subject..

you say heavy for 250s, but weight wise, how do they compare to thumper 450s

...heavy for a 250 compared to an MXer of similar cc's. Actually feels like a four strok when loading or pushing.

I've never ridden a 450f but now have a 250EXC RFS, and with 18mm offsets it feels the same on the trail except in the whoops where the snap of the RMX is slightly better - sorry: getting off track.

The RMX weighs almost a much as 450Fs but has a lower CG. Due to the lower CG it feels a little better/easier to whip around on the trail.

You can say that again. :-)

Thanks for the offer of the articles, but no need to go to that much trouble.

ok.... I have a 1994 rmx250 that i have had for about 2 years now. It is an excellent bike for trail riding, hill climbing, whatever you want. Mine too has givin me zero problems. It has a steahly flywheel weight and an fmf silencer and other than that is bone stock. It will climb anything I have found brave enough to climb, and still have the two stroke hit. It is a little heavy, but when you get on it that all goes away. very well balanced bike. It has been parked since i got my yz400f, but I can't get rid of it.

good all around bike.

my .02

jay

btw... also owned a 1992 wr200 yamaha 2 stroke and it was also very good.

the main diff between the wr and the rmx is just power. the rmx will smoke it, but the wr was easier to ride as you could almost ride it wide open all the time.

My RMX weighs 243 pounds without gas. My KDX weighs 229 pounds without gas. IMO the RMX is not heavy when you consider a 2003 Yamaha WR250 weighed 250 pounds without gas. I rode a CRF250X and it felt like a tank compared to my RMX. Now if you compare the RMX to a KTM EXC 250 2 stroke then the RMX will have an additional 15 pounds of weight and not feel as lite. The RMX is a wonderful bike and I am really happy I have one in my stable. Here are some pics of my RMX after I refurbished it.

RMXandvacation037.jpg

RMXandvacation048.jpg

RMXandvacation032.jpg

Nice bike. I didn't know they switched to conventional forks? My 1990 has USD....

My RMX weighs 243 pounds without gas. My KDX weighs 229 pounds without gas. IMO the RMX is not heavy when you consider a 2003 Yamaha WR250 weighed 250 pounds without gas. I rode a CRF250X and it felt like a tank compared to my RMX. Now if you compare the RMX to a KTM EXC 250 2 stroke then the RMX will have an additional 15 pounds of weight and not feel as lite. The RMX is a wonderful bike and I am really happy I have one in my stable. Here are some pics of my RMX after I refurbished it.

RMXandvacation037.jpgRMXandvacation048.jpg

RMXandvacation032.jpg

Dirtbiker nice graphics . Ive been trying to get new graphics for my 96. what are on yours, they look good. where did you get them? thanks.

Nice article, thanks! My 1990 stock pegs suck! I wonder if any aftermarket parts are available for the ol' 1990 RMX...

In 1996 Suzuki went to conventional forks. Attached below is an article for that model year. The forks are really good.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcdirt/trailrider/96rmx.html

Regarding the decals they are made by CEET and called APEX. Attached is a link for one place you can order them. There may be other internet stores that may sell for less.

http://www.psep.biz/store/suzuki_dirt_bike_graphics_kit.htm

Nice article, thanks! My 1990 stock pegs suck! I wonder if any aftermarket parts are available for the ol' 1990 RMX...

I bought 2001 RM125 pegs off e-b*y for my RMX. I believe IMS make wide pegs for your bike.