YZ Woods Two Strokes, Any Info Websites??

What is the exact, correct name of the Yamaha YZ woods bikes they used to make? I am just interested in the two stroke versions names. It may have been YZ200W / YZ250W, but I am not certain. Does anyone know of some general information websites people have for these models? I am referring to the perhaps late '80's to '97 - ish two stroke powered models, not the current / recent four stroke models.

Thank you.

What is the exact, correct name of the Yamaha YZ woods bikes they used to make?

It was the WR (WR250 for example)

The current 4 stroke version are the WRF. That's pretty much all I know about them.

Bruno.

Yamaha used to make an "IT" woods bike several years ago.

The WR was the next style

Yup, it was the WR. Pretty sure '97 was the last year, may have been '96. I remember there was a joke in the magazines back then that Yamaha accidentally switched the YZ & WR motors at the factory, because the WR actually was a little more violent than the YZ. Dunno how true that is though.

OK, WR model it is. I was not reffering to the IT line, though those are cool, too.

Yup, it was the WR. Pretty sure '97 was the last year, may have been '96. I remember there was a joke in the magazines back then that Yamaha accidentally switched the YZ & WR motors at the factory, because the WR actually was a little more violent than the YZ. Dunno how true that is though.

98 was the last year of the WR250, the 97 had some issue with 4th gear seizure. this was rectified in the 98 model. Yamaha Australia also did 2 model runs of YZ250WR's in 2003 and 2004, the 2003 was a 01 YZ and the 04 was a 03 YZ , they mase them street legal in OZ.

Hmm! Interesting. Thank you for the information. I thought 1997 was the last year in the USA.

97 may have been the last year in the US, but there is a world out side of the USA.

97 may have been the last year in the US, but there is a world out side of the USA.

There is ??

OK, time for you to go back to stand guard at the Prime Minister's house.

I KNOW there is a world outside the USA, but that does not mean I am going to win the lottery and import a used 1998 model from the Thailand ex - Prime Minister's private collection.

If you are so smart to figure out that I am in the USA, then why not address country specific model years?? Geez.

The problem is you never know which house to go to as they change them here so often. The PM's that is............... :thumbsup:

Not sure if this is what you're after, but google "yz250wr". This first link takes you to the Oz Yamaha website w/ all the info.

Jerry

jerryls, thanks! I will do it. When I win the lottery, I will get one, plus a KDX250 and a RMX250. :-)

nice choices!

98 was the last year of the WR250, the 97 had some issue with 4th gear seizure. this was rectified in the 98 model. Yamaha Australia also did 2 model runs of YZ250WR's in 2003 and 2004, the 2003 was a 01 YZ and the 04 was a 03 YZ , they mase them street legal in OZ.

I used to have a mint yz250wr here in Aus but I sold it :busted: was a good bike! Was pretty cool riding it down the main streets :thumbsup:

Holy 3 yr old thread batman:lol: , those are some great bikes though

Yamaha Australia made 4 consequetive models of the YZ250WR from '01-'05 in limited numbers, they were mostly based on the previous years YZ250, except the '04, which was an '04 YZ250 conversion.

BC

'03 YZ250WR

well this thread cought my eye so i figured i wake it up again. Hey ju571n you should send some parts up here to the U.S. or some links to some good dealers that can ship some parts up . it would be pretty cool to have an "stock" yz250wr to cruz around in .