TTR 125 Stator Upgrade

Hey Dude,

Glad to see you're getting a full sized bike ? We were just watching our helmet cam video from the Hanging Rock 200 and I was filming when I helped pull your Honda up that one real steep hill. Are you riding this weekend?

LOL- Full sized for me! ?

I remember getting some help when I was stuck in that rut trying to climb that hill out of that valley bottom :lame:

Someone also has me on helmet cam from the Black Diamond ride last month.

I have 2 West Virginia trips coming up back to back Oct 6 and 13 so $$$ are tight, but I really want to run one day this weekend. I`ll probably be there.

When I run my headlight, the draw on the system discharges the battery while I am riding.

The stator is unable to recharge the battery and run the lights at the same time.There is not eough output from the stator as it is to support the lights.

The lights go very dim after about 8 miles and the battery is almost totally dead.

I have to kick start it at this point.

If I turn off the headlight and ride on then the stator is able to re-charge the battery

Where in ohio are you guys from?? Theres several of us here in marion (45 mins north of columbus) that ride down south alot & we take out ttr 125s & Xr 100s & its a blast!! Id love to hook up with some other minis for some fun trail ridding.

Its still fun to ride the yz250f too but we get around just as good on the minis.

• 9 years later...

OK, pretty late response to the topic, but i installed LED Cree headlight /15 w/  from ebay and some cheap LED tail/brake light  and i have no problems so far. If you are using 35W conventional bulb, your light output will not be more than 12W. If you go to LED- 18W Cree bulb will give you the same light. ALSO regular running light is 5W and the brake light is 21W. If you go with LED- no more than 3-4 W total. You can use LED, because you have battery and Rectifier-regulator.

• 2 months later...