pics on how to properly install a yosh ti on a S/SM.

I tried to do that when I put the E pipe on my SM, but it didn't want to line up without altering where the can lined up further back. I had a longer bolt to thread thru the footpeg mounts.

I'm currently running the setup without any bolts securing that section of the pipe. Just tight head pipe bolts, and the rear can mounting bolt is tight. The entire exhaust seems to have no play in it, but I'm probably hurting something with it mounted this way.

It is nice to know the yosh ti bolted up good. Money money moneey! One day when my divorce is out of the way, I might be able to spend the big bucks :-)

I changed the installation of my FMF Ti-4 to this way and found two small problems.

1. As I am using the stock head pipe, I had to cut 1" off the FMF midpipe to make it fit.

2. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but the FMF Stainless midpipe rubs on the rear spring. Anyone else have this problem too?

Home of Canada's LOUDEST DRZ-S

• 7 months later...

HI Eddie,

I did not see any referance to clearing the midpipe of the rear shock. Is this not neccissary? I have been reading other post and some people were talking about using washers or spacers to make it clear?

Man, my headpipe must have been bent slightly different. I have very little room between the radiator, engine and headpipe. Everything else looks just like mine. Now if I can just get the money together for the stroker crank and 440 kit.:applause:

Wow, that is exactly what I did, but no where close to how my ti system lined up. I made it work, but it's not as clean as yours. Maybe my system was just a little out of whack (or I may be out of whack).