suspension and wheelies

So i have a DRZ, stock with a yosh slipon, and like to wheelie it around, but i dont like to have to clutch it up, and in 3rd i just cant get it up. The guy before me was sure he had to touch both sides flatfooted on stops, so he "softened" the suspension "all the way" so now when i wheelie, or start to it seems like the rear just soaks it all up... or it is just me?

thanks

Q

So i have a DRZ, stock with a yosh slipon, and like to wheelie it around, but i dont like to have to clutch it up, and in 3rd i just cant get it up. The guy before me was sure he had to touch both sides flatfooted on stops, so he "softened" the suspension "all the way" so now when i wheelie, or start to it seems like the rear just soaks it all up... or it is just me?

thanks

Q

At first try to set the sag. Read this fore more information http://www.4strokes.com/tech/racesag.asp

Then turn the compression screw clockwise until it stops, then turn it anticlockwise 11 clicks out. Now you have the standard settings.

If you want the rear suspension harder, turn the compression screw clockwise a few clicks.

Theoretikly it should be easier to wheelie with harder settings...I think...

thanks

Q

It's not just you... soft suspension does indeed soak up energy that would otherwise be used to hoist the front end up. Or the rear, if you're doing stoppies.

Set the sag for your weight. Try putting all the clickers back to stock and work from there. A little more compression damping will stop it from squatting too much when you wheelie. Don't overdo it though or you're ride and handling will suffer.

no, i just lean REAL far foreward and yank and twist. but i am actually in the same position as regular riding. if i scoot back or get on the pegs it is real easy, but i think if something goes bad, id rather be with my foot on the brake, plus i can " steer" better up higher on the bike when im up on 1...