2007 KTM's NOT Street Legal??????

Done racing, Maybe, Getting the Itch real Bad. :lame:

You know that Itch.

Nice pick on the Lake bed. ?

Is that the first time the throttle was ever past 3/4? ?

That's pretty funny! LOL.

Congrats on the KTM Purchase, do you think it will finish Vegas to Reno like my Wife's Husqvarna did??

or..............

Perhaps it will go 80 Miles like YOUR Husqvarna did??????

OOps! don't forget you have to put Oil in them if you want them to run!

That applies to your KTM too!

I have heard that both KTM and Yamaha missed the cut-off deadline for Street Legal Certification????????

I assume Husky is OK since it would carry over from last Year????

Only the 2007 KTM 450-EXC and 2007 525 EXC are street legal for Calif.

The Husky 2007 TE models are still street legal for Calif.

I think Yamaha missed the boat but who would ride one anyway.

GP

It is OK to love husky and not hate on other brands. The Yamaha has proven to have a nearly bullet proof motor and is a great bike. I like the Husky better but the WR450 is really just as competent.

K

+1

Dealer told me today, "we never expected the bikes (exc's) in Ca. before mid/late Oct".

EXc 450=$8900.00+ otd

Exc 525=$9100.00+ otd ?

(still trying to talk my buddy off ktm and onto Husky)

I think your 'buddy' is talking about the 2007 exc 400, which did not make the cutoff.

The 07 400exc missed the cutoff because it is not being produced anymore. ? Only the 450 and 525 remain.

If this rumor is correct, then I'm sure they will find a loophole to get the bikes into CA. Most govt. deadlines have some flex in them.

R

The 07 400exc missed the cutoff because it is not being produced anymore. ? Only the 450 and 525 remain.

If this rumor is correct, then I'm sure they will find a loophole to get the bikes into CA. Most govt. deadlines have some flex in them.

R

I can pretty much guarantee that if a deadline was missed, they will not be Street Legal. Yamaha missed the deadline in the past and that was only for Green Sticker!

As far as "Stoli's" comment, his does not "have a plate", in fact, he does not have an '07 KTM.

The rumor was from a sponsored Husky Rider that rides out of a Multi-Line Dealership, so again. just rumor at this point.

+1

Dealer told me today, "we never expected the bikes (exc's) in Ca. before mid/late Oct".

EXc 450=$8900.00+ otd

Exc 525=$9100.00+ otd ?

(still trying to talk my buddy off ktm and onto Husky)

Based on the 525 OTD price above, I would have saved $2K over the KTM. They are both fine (I prefer the Husky), but $2K is $2K!

TwoBurgers

I can pretty much guarantee that if a deadline was missed, they will not be Street Legal. Yamaha missed the deadline in the past and that was only for Green Sticker!

As far as "Stoli's" comment, his does not "have a plate", in fact, he does not have an '07 KTM.

The rumor was from a sponsored Husky Rider that rides out of a Multi-Line Dealership, so again. just rumor at this point.

I guess that we'll know for sure within the next month. If KTM really did screw up and can't get the problem fixed, there is going to be some major chaos out there in the marketplace. There are many deposits with dealers for the "street legal" 07 EXCs....................

R