Sign in to follow this  

ankle fracture what food

So im stuck with a fractured talus bone and on crutches for 5 months.

Just wondering what i should eat. I had a diet for staying in shape for racing and i was riding alot or riding a mountain bike or runnin but now i cant do anything.

For breakfast i eat maybe a waffle or some frenchtoast with whole wheat bread or whole grain. BUt most of the time 3 egg whites and oatmeal.

Lunch TUna fish with barely any mayo or nothing maybe a yogurt.

And dinner always grilled chilled and not much pasta.

I do 200 pushups 100 situps or more.

What should I be eating and doin so i dont get to out of shape. Thanks

5 months...wow. I just fractured my Talus the first weekend of SEP and the ortho said I am looking at another 4-6 weeks on crutches which would be a total of about 2.5 months. You must have really done a number on it. The good news is my doc thinks I won't need pins or screws.

Thanks for your post the links provided some good info, even if the 5 months scared the #& out of me. :devil:

Good luck hope you heal fast.

Later,

Bajawtb

'05 KTM MXC 525

YEa doctor said i fractured it really bad i also fractured the bone underneath it he said i forget the name of it. Its been a little more then a month now and im going crazy. still hurts like hell. But i got away with no plates or scews. theres also pieces of bone in my foot but he said it shouldnt affect anything.

also dr. mark. I for the food i am eating each day. I eat

breakfast: egg whites and oatmeal. Or a belgian waffle or whole wheat waffles or pancakes.

lunch: not much maybe a turkey sandwich on wheat bread with no mayo or a tuna sandwich, or i just have a yogurt and a bannana and some grapes.I have fruit everyday

Dinner: Usually grilled chicken and if we have pasta its wheat pasta or rice. And vegetables and a nice salad.

NOw i was just wondering is this the right food to eat or is this to much to be eating since i cant really do many workouts since my foot is fractured? thanks

also dr. mark. I for the food i am eating each day. I eat

breakfast: egg whites and oatmeal. Or a belgian waffle or whole wheat waffles or pancakes.

lunch: not much maybe a turkey sandwich on wheat bread with no mayo or a tuna sandwich, or i just have a yogurt and a bannana and some grapes.I have fruit everyday

Dinner: Usually grilled chicken and if we have pasta its wheat pasta or rice. And vegetables and a nice salad.

NOw i was just wondering is this the right food to eat or is this to much to be eating since i cant really do many workouts since my foot is fractured? thanks

The foods seem fine. You can ride the stationary bike for aerobic exercise. Don't forget the calcium, 1500mg per day.

I was going to start riding the bike once my cast comes off my foot doctor said i stil cant put any pressure on it. I take calcium pills also they are 600mg.

when you ride the stationary bike your butt takes the weight. :devil:

hey i just did the same thing you did... did your doctor tell you 3 months no pressure... what number break was yours?