Is The Cowbell On??????

So what is the deal I have not recived a flyer yet and nothing is on the NMA web site about this event. Is it still on.

Am I the only one not to get a flyer????? Or does this go under the nma rule about 30 day notice?????

I haven't received a flyer either, but I go for a couple of weeks without checking my postal mail so it could be sitting there.

there were flyers at the last hannegan race though. stated it would be at walker valley.

There is a flyer on their web site. Walker oct. 22

from the NMA rule book

1E(3) Scheduled Events (in Calendar Book/Website) must be publicized via “flyers” mailed to all current Comp License holders at least 30

calendar days before the event date. Flyers must include all entry information, sound test requirements, class/start times, list start, gate,

camping and other fees, and event location.

1E(4) If an NMA season points event is desired but not listed in the calendar book/website, be it a new event or the rescheduling of an

existing event, NMA Competition Committee approval must be obtained with enough lead time to then deliver an event flyer to all current

competition license holders at least 45 days before the event date.

I plan on doing this event, but is this still a NMA points event :thumbsup:

I plan on doing this event, but is this still a NMA points event :thumbsup:

If you have an issue with the mailing not being done on time, contact the comp committee. I haven't received a mailing either and having flyers at another event doesn't meet the NMA requirements.

I noticed this thread yesterday. We are trying to contact Dana to see what the dealio is.

Does anybody have any new information on the Cowbell? I haven't received a flyer and I'm wondering if it's still going to be a points event.

It will be run. Unfortunately, whether or not it will be a points event in undecided.

Thanks for the update

keep us up to date on the info.

UPDATE: Flyers supposedly went out today, with legal action being threatened if it is not a points event, among other things. :devil::thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

UPDATE: Flyers supposedly went out today, with legal action being threatened if it is not a points event, among other things. :devil::thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

:excuseme:

from the NMA rule book

1E(3) Scheduled Events (in Calendar Book/Website) must be publicized via “flyers” mailed to all current Comp License holders at least 30

calendar days before the event date. Flyers must include all entry information, sound test requirements, class/start times, list start, gate,

camping and other fees, and event location.

1E(4) If an NMA season points event is desired but not listed in the calendar book/website, be it a new event or the rescheduling of an

existing event, NMA Competition Committee approval must be obtained with enough lead time to then deliver an event flyer to all current

competition license holders at least 45 days before the event date.

So what is the verdict :devil:

Do they actually think they'll get any money out of the NMA? It's not like the NMA has much money! I know about 6 awesome trial lawyers that would probably be willing to do a little pro bono work for the NMA on this if need be.

If it is a points event will it be Enduro or off road points????

It would be an ORP points event. We are trying to get everything sorted out as quickly as possible.

Thank you to all of the NMA clubs that put on great events and adhere to the rules.

The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off! Our sport faces enough adversity from people outside of the sport. The last thing we need is adversity coming from within. Every other club in the NMA manages to follow the rules, so why can't Mt. Baker? They've been a problem for a long time with not following the rules. I'm totally over Mt. Baker events. First they charge us $50 then they threaten legal action? That's bullshite!! :cry::excuseme:

Why are they doing this. They are only making me think about not supporting there club. They do alot of good thing, but this is BS. :devil:

I hope the NMA takes a stand they need to on this, they can not let clubs tell them what to do. That is why we have rules.