Sign in to follow this  

Jetting for 2006 CRF450 w/RS-2

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me find jetting settings for my 450.

I can't seem to fine any that would really pertain to my bike setup. It is a 2006 pretty stock with a yoshi RS-2 comp series exhaust system. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Well, It seems to run a little better when hot but it is not that dramatic. It is stock right now, yet I did have a dynojet needle(set at 4th from top) and a 160 main with the mixture screw at stock(1.5). That set up seemed the worst.

Hey Eddie,

I tried raising the needle one clip and it seemed to run real poor. I just started to play around with settings and I think I may have found some thing pretty close. I am running the stock needle in the 6th position from the top, 160 main, and mixture screw at 3 turns out(I am thinking of going with a little larger pilot jet). Let me know what you think of the setting. Thanks

you lowered the needle.

6th position is raising the needle.

have you done the pilon jet confirmation tests in the sticky thread at th etop of the forum?

What I meant was I raised the needle to the 5th then the 6th. Anyway, I am going to go get a 48 pilot today to see how it runs. I see a lot of guys running 175, 180 main. What do you think, I mean I am going to other way with the 160 main.

Thanks again

just so we are clear,you should running the stock need and stock 168 main jet.

the 160 is only with the dyno jet needle becuase it has avery samll end demension.

i do not recomend the dj needel.

Well, Right now I am running the stock needle in 6th position with the 160 main. If I put the needle in the 5th position and stock 168 main it runs really poor. It bogs in low rpm and stalls out after letting off the gas from full throttle.