Sign in to follow this  

im Tooo heavy

hi ya i got a 04 cr 250, when i sit on the bike the rear suspension compresses to much. is it just a case of putting a stiffer spring on the rear , or will this mess the handling up does it need re valving. cheers, PS i way 17 stone if that helps :thumbsup:

hi ya i got a 04 cr 250, when i sit on the bike the rear suspension compresses to much. is it just a case of putting a stiffer spring on the rear , or will this mess the handling up does it need re valving. cheers, PS i way 17 stone if that helps :thumbsup:

You need too check a few things before you start changing springs. 1St set the sag. Next you will want too check free sag too see if you need a harder/softer spring. Go here and start by checking sag.

http://www.factoryconnection.com/index2.htm

If I have my units correct, 17 stone is around 240 pounds. The stock springs are around 5.0 kg/mm shock and 0.44 kg/mm forks and will be too soft at your weight. I'm currently running a 4.8 kg/mm shock spring and 0.43 kg/mm fork springs at 160 pounds. Scaling for the weight difference between us, I'd guess you need to have something like a 5.7 kg/mm shock spring and 0.51 kg/mm fork springs; but these are just educated guesses based on what works for me. The RaceTech calculator says 5.4 kg/mm shock spring and 0.48 kg/mm fork springs at 240 pounds.