Team 101X

So this weekend coming up we are racing the RECORD San Vicente 200.

http://www.recordoffroad.com/San%20Vicente%2006.htm

We drew first sportsman team off the line, # 101X.

The team is:

Me

Eddie (Taksx)

and a non TT buddy of mine Randy

We are racing my 650 and after prerunning the course I feel that as long as we keep it upright we should do pretty well. Eddie hauled butt on my bike for having never ridden it before and Randy is one of the faster 50 year olds nobody has heard of, he straight hauls ass. I just hope he adjusts to the 650 and can get comfortable on it. Randy is a substitution for Tim (karmataburn) as he broke his wrist two weeks ago on our official team meet and greet ride.

The race itself is a 40-50 mile loop that gets run 3 times with a central start/finish and pit area. It is total overkill to have 3 guys as each of us could probably run this solo however we are using this to figure out what the hell has to go down to pit 3 guys for longer races. We plan on doing the Ensenada to San Felipe 275 in December and another couple CODE and/or RECORD races early next year to gear up for the 500.

Wish us luck and we will be sure to post pics and stories. I might even run my helmet cam for my lap, it depends if I can get it working correctly. For some reason the friggen picture is super blurry, it looks like the bullet cam is completely out of focus.

101X signing off. LOL

What day is race day?

What day is race day?

Septiembre 29 30 y 1 de Octubre 2006.

Go get 'em Boudroux :thumbsup:

I will be brining my camera down and hopefully we will get some good pics. With the way I was riding that weekend :thumbsup: I am probably better off being the drunk photo guy. I will be ready in Dec. For the ensanada to san felipe.

I will be brining my camera down and hopefully we will get some good pics. With the way I was riding that weekend :thumbsup: I am probably better off being the drunk BROKEN photo guy. I will be ready in Dec. For the ensanada to san felipe.

There, fixed it for you.

There, fixed it for you.

Thanks for the "fix" smartass. Your always looking out for me. I told you not to make fun of the hurt guy.

101X signing off. LOL

GOOD LUCK Brian (and Eddie!)... and quit picking on Tim (i thought I was the smartass?!)! He's the drunk broken guy. :thumbsup:

I'm bummed it's the same weekend I'll be racing the first race (of the second half of season) of D38... otherwise I'd love to come down and throw rocks, build booby traps, or simply take some action shots of you guys! ... Racing it would be fun too...

Too much going on I tell ya!

You'll do well!! I hope to hear good news!! And positive recaps!!

I am probably better off being the drunk BROKEN photo guy
I did'nt know they made cameras for the handycap :thumbsup:
GOOD LUCK Brian (and Eddie!)

Thanks JAT it will be fun, Good Luck to you as well keep your eye open for the G outs.

Exciting stuff!

very cool. wish ya the best of luck! :thumbsup:

I did'nt know they made cameras for the handycap :thumbsup:

Hey I think the polite way to say it is Physically challenged.

I just wanted to thank all of you guys for recomending the ED78 rear. What a muther f'er of a tire to mount!

Took me half a hour, a gallon of sweat and way to many curse words!

I just wanted to thank all of you guys for recomending the ED78 rear. What a muther f'er of a tire to mount!

Have you picked yourself up a "tire tamer" (by K&L) yet??

Worth every penny! I've got two... one in the garage, one in the trailer! :thumbsup:

Buy'em here (or your local parts/dealer shop)

:lame:

Boudrooooox,

maybe the big bikes and big tires a little too much for you? I saw a real nice KX 125 for sale the other day...would you like the #?

Boudrooooox,

maybe the big bikes and big tires a little too much for you? I saw a real nice KX 125 for sale the other day...would you like the #?

Yea, I think I'll have to downgrade to something a little less difficult. Maybe I'll take up playing Poker. :thumbsup:

JA, that thing looks crazy. How does it work?

I second that, however, you might want to get used to it if you plan on running that tire consitantly. Mine had so many chunks out of it it looked like a toothless old lady after 350 miles.

Yea, I think I'll have to downgrade to something a little less difficult. Maybe I'll take up playing Poker. :thumbsup:

JA, that thing looks crazy. How does it work?

LoL... maybe ride that 250 more often as it won't wear tires like the PIG will! :bonk:

The tire tamer isn't for mounting the tires... it's to place the tube and stem without tearing knuckles off. It applies pressure on the backside of the tire to flatten it out... pushes the backside bead down where it belongs as you pull up on the top bead... exposing the inner tire area where you gain plenty of room to insert the tube, and/or stem. No more funky fumbling to get the stem into the hairless hole! :lame:

Once you use it... you'll find a way to carry it on the trail (they need a telescoping light weight version!)

... which reminds me ... I need to call Cameron (Trakside Tool Inventor and old C&D Cycle owner) to talk to him about this, as well as other inovative ideas for his "tool". No pun intended! (here's a good write up on what's he done so far)

:p

LoL... maybe ride that 250 more often as it won't wear tires like the PIG will! :p

The tire tamer isn't for mounting the tires... it's to place the tube and stem without tearing knuckles off. It applies pressure on the backside of the tire to flatten it out... pushes the backside bead down where it belongs as you pull up on the top bead... exposing the inner tire area where you gain plenty of room to insert the tube, and/or stem. No more funky fumbling to get the stem into the hairless hole! :thumbsup:

Once you use it... you'll find a way to carry it on the trail (they need a telescoping light weight version!)

... which reminds me ... I need to call Cameron (Trakside Tool Inventor and old C&D Cycle owner) to talk to him about this, as well as other inovative ideas for his "tool". No pun intended! (here's a good write up on what's he done so far)

:lame:

Actually, getting in both rimlocks and the valve stem were easy. What I fought the most was actually getting the tire on after inserting the locks and tube. The bead is really stiff and as I was working it around it kept feeling like I was going to actually rip the friggen bead and ruin a brand new tire. It hasn't taken me more then 15-20 minutes to change a tire in a few years and putting this sucker on felt like I was back at square one just learning how to do it.

I'm looking forward to riding with this thing, it looks killer!

The bead is really stiff and as I was working it around it kept feeling like I was going to actually rip the friggen bead and ruin a brand new tire. It hasn't taken me more then 15-20 minutes to change a tire in a few years and putting this sucker on felt like I was back at square one just learning how to do it.

Ever change a D739 AT?? Same thing for me!

I'm looking forward to riding with this thing, it looks killer!

If "looks could kill" :lame: (here's a pic of one in case anyone has not seen one.)

I know... I know... say it Brian! .... I'm a smartasss!!! At least you've dealt with it before and know I'm laughing and a smilin' the whole time!

:thumbsup:

$20.00 at Cycle Parts west per tire. Makes this old guys hands feel better. Saves changing tires for field use only :thumbsup: . Steny :lame:

$20.00 at Cycle Parts west per tire. Makes this old guys hands feel better. Saves changing tires for field use only :thumbsup: . Steny :p

Shooot... $5 if you buy the tire there. The bad part is the guy does it the old fashioned way... Barrel, and tire irons.

Take it to C&D Cycle... they use a tire machine (No scratches)... and price is same I think (as your paying Steny)... :lame: Plus, for a few extra $$ they'll straighten the wheel! My square wheels come back nearly perfect. (and I'm not talking about a simple true... I'm talking SQUARED off dents and dings... bends... and the like - I true and build my own)

:bonk: