150R smokes the 270X

Of course it's not an apples to apples comparison, and nothing more than benchracing ammo between a father and his kid, and a very basic lesson in power-to-weight ratio, but we now know if you put a 10 year old 75 pound expert mx racer on the 150R and have him drag race his 190 pound dad/former ISDE medalist/Vet Pro MX racer on a CRF270X, the kid will blow by every time he powershifts 3rd gear.

Did this several times with the same result.

switch riders see if you on the 150 can beat him on the 270.

thats really hard to believe... but i guess ill take it. i know the 150 is really tight geared, which would give it a huge advantage, i know the 250x is geared wide compared to a 250r.... i guess its surely possible. i would think that the 270x would have enough power to overcome that gearing challenge, but i guess not! i can beat a 450x on my 250r hands down no prob... so maybe its the same for the 150r...

switch riders see if you on the 150 can beat him on the 270.

I think the 10 year old on the 270X would surely smoke me on the 150R.... Should be noted the kid rides a CRF450R every once in a while just for shitz and giggles.

Of course it's not an apples to apples comparison, and nothing more than benchracing ammo between a father and his kid, and a very basic lesson in power-to-weight ratio, but we now know if you put a 10 year old 75 pound expert mx racer on the 150R and have him drag race his 190 pound dad/former ISDE medalist/Vet Pro MX racer on a CRF270X, the kid will blow by every time he powershifts 3rd gear.

Did this several times with the same result.

yea ok! tell your dad to pull back harder with his right hand and push down on the front wheel.

yea ok! tell your dad to pull back harder with his right hand and push down on the front wheel.

I'm the dad. And seeing as how my 270X with R cams and carb (and Dr. D pipe) will fry your 250X like it's tied to a post, I'm betting an 80 pound kid on a 150R Expert would blow by your white plastic off about 3 bike lengths before he came by mine.

The 150R Expert weighs about 175 with gas. The 250X weighs about 240.

Kid weighs about 80. I weigh about 190 with gear.

65 pounds plus 110 pounds. That's an entire 150R Expert's weight. Power to weight beats out displacement almost every time.

You're letting your kid smoke you at 10 years old??? That's a shame. You're supposed drag race him down a straight and around a 12" deep rutted turn. When he think he's all that for passing you on the straight, he'll slow down for the big rut and you need to park him like a fat lady diving for a candy bar. That will keep him in check until he's about 15. :thumbsup::lame:

Just kidding.

I'm the dad. And seeing as how my 270X with R cams and carb (and Dr. D pipe) will fry your 250X like it's tied to a post, I'm betting an 80 pound kid on a 150R Expert would blow by your white plastic off about 3 bike lengths before he came by mine.

65 pounds plus 110 pounds. That's an entire 150R Expert's weight. Power to weight beats out displacement almost every time.

i didn't say any thing about my bike your big bad 270 scares me.

just learn how to twist the throttle,and if your kid beats you in a full 1/4 mile,you are weak :lame:

oh yea! you aint my dad,so feed your kid some of your own BS :thumbsup:

for the 5500 you paid for that 150,he should beat you :p

Thats your problem right there. The exhuast system on your bike :thumbsup: !

just learn how to twist the throttle,and if your kid beats you in a full 1/4 mile,you are weak :lame:

Some people just dont get it....

Why will most sport bikes beat a mustang etc? its definately not because they have more power... Its all about power to wieght ratio. Thats what this guy is trying to say.

Your basically telling the driver of the mustang he sucks at driving because he got passed by a sportsbike that is smaller and has less power.

Thats my analogy for the day...

Also, of course the 270x will beat the 150r in a full 1/4 mile... because the little 150r will run out of gears long before the 270x rips by.

Some people just dont get it....

Why will most sport bikes beat a mustang etc? its definately not because they have more power... Its all about power to wieght ratio. Thats what this guy is trying to say.

Your basically telling the driver of the mustang he sucks at driving because he got passed by a sportsbike that is smaller and has less power.

Thats my analogy for the day...

Also, of course the 270x will beat the 150r in a full 1/4 mile... because the little 150r will run out of gears long before the 270x rips by.

true.but that sport bike probably has as many ponies as that mustang if were talking 1100cc.

with that being said,why would you even post "my kid beats me on his 150"

true.but that sport bike probably has as many ponies as that mustang if were talking 1100cc.

No. Even a 6cyl Mustang puts out over 200HP while a stock 1100cc sport bike puts out, maybe, 160 - 165 HP. Power-to-Weight.

So you're saying that if Villopoto was on a 150r and you were on . . . lets say anything. You could beat him????

Here's Ryan Wilson in the pro class at REM getting the holeshot on a KX85.

http://www.socalxrs.com/articles/rems%20012.jpg

That's about a 100 yard start and he is pretty much smoking them. I think he might of won, but that race was back in May. You might be able check the MXA web-site to see what place he got.

So you're saying that if Villopoto was on a 150r and you were on . . . lets say anything. You could beat him????

Here's Ryan Wilson in the pro class at REM getting the holeshot on a KX85.

http://www.socalxrs.com/articles/r.e.m%20205.jpg

That's about a 100 yard start and he is pretty much smoking them. I think he might of won, but that race was back in May. You might be able check the MXA web-site to see what place he got.

naa dude,I can't beat my own kid on his green 2 smoke 100 :lame:

but...."i'll get em in the whoops :p "by Mouse McCOY :thumbsup:

for the 5500 you paid for that 150,he should beat you :bonk:

$5500? Try $3750. Out the door. See, dealers don't charge full bore retail to riders who are smart enough to know a 150R with a light kid can raise enough word of mouth marketing and sales via friendly drag races against a pro class racer. Someday you'll understand that (and the whole power to weight thing). :p

Heck, I only paid $4970 for my 250R (not the X) OTD.

I think the 10 year old on the 270X would surely smoke me on the 150R.... Should be noted the kid rides a CRF450R every once in a while just for shitz and giggles.

just want to see if the little 150 can still pull with you on it.

Wow, you don't know anything about 1100cc sport bikes in addition to Honda CRFs.... a big bore sport bike has about 190 hp at the crank, give or take. A top of the line Mustang pumps out around 300 horsepower and that's not even the Saleen 500+ hp model. Nevertheless, the sportbike is still 4 seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile. Even a "small" 600cc bike can roast a Saleen Mustang. Again: power to weight, just like a 80 pound kid on a 150R Expert beating a 190 adult on a 270X.

And why would I put "my kids beat me..."? Because it's harmless. And it's true. A simple drag race.

just want to see if the little 150 can still pull with you on it.

That's true, haha. The little bike, while violently shaky at high speeds due to short wheelbase and an undersprung/under-rebounded rear end, can ride the rear wheel all the way around a semi-loamy berm (not too big, though).

Wow, you don't know anything about 1100cc sport bikes in addition to Honda CRFs.... a big bore sport bike has about 190 hp at the crank, give or take. A top of the line Mustang pumps out around 300 horsepower and that's not even the Saleen 500+ hp model. Nevertheless, the sportbike is still 4 seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile. Even a "small" 600cc bike can roast a Saleen Mustang. Again: power to weight, just like a 80 pound kid on a 150R Expert beating a 190 adult on a 270X.

And why would I put "my kids beat me..."[? Because it's harmless.] And it's true. A simple drag race.

your right it was harmless,untill you got all but hurt cause i made a joke about twisting the throttle harder. mr pro vet, isde champ, gods gift to moto cross.your :thumbsup: weak dude,lighten up :lame: