Mt. View Cancelled Today

Dunner just called me and said that Red Bull was out there for some company function this morning and decided to stay for the afternoon so no open practice. Needless to say he was quite disappointed after driving up from Salem.

I know. Jenni called me at like 6:50 in the morning, letting me know that their practice was cancelled. Good thingy too because I was planning on going out there! Instead I trucked out to Hindsight. The track was fun but I caught a rock to the eye and am now struggling to see properly out of it.

Is the white area of your eye supposed to be a tomatoe color???

Is the white area of your eye supposed to be a tomatoe color???

LOL Probably not. Where were your goggles, squid? Just flickin poo.

many people dont think they need goggles at Hindsight, including myself.

Bad idea!

many people dont think they need goggles at Hindsight, including myself.

Bad idea!

At least it wasn't serious. I am TERRIFIED of shit hitting me in the eye. There are alot of handicaps you can get around to ride a motorcycle, but being blind is not one of them.

Ug, I was getting glare from the sun peeking in so I didn't wear them. BIG mistake.

Got back from the eye doc.... I got the early stages of irisist (sp?). Gave me some adrenaline drops. lol.

I'm still blurry in one eye...

Yeah it did suck driving all the way up from Salem...I was really looking forward to riding Mt. View too.

We ended up going to Hindsight. Nice track but a little small for my experience level and riding a 450...I know I know quit being such a pansy and just jump. All in all it was fun and I can see myself going back there in the future.

Hey Dunner, I was out there. What number were you and on what bike? I would've said hello.

I was on the pink and black Yamaha, fast big bike practice. The guy walking around with his hand over his eye. lol.

TTYL

Hey Dunner, I was out there. What number were you and on what bike? I would've said hello.

I was on the pink and black Yamaha, fast big bike practice. The guy walking around with his hand over his eye. lol.

TTYL

Blue yammi with no number...I was the slowest guy out there, (kind of hard to miss)...I think even my friends kid on the sx50 was faster :thumbsup: . But I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

I should have come by and said hi...I remember seeing your bike and wondering if it might be you.

Jason

Blue yammi with no number...I was the slowest guy out there, (kind of hard to miss)...I think even my friends kid on the sx50 was faster :lame: . But I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

I should have come by and said hi...I remember seeing your bike and wondering if it might be you.

Jason

Blue yamaha with no number... hey. Didn't I talk to you? I'm struggling remembering... but I think I did. Look for me next time you're at the track, I'm always curious to see who these thumpertalk folks are in real life. lol.

I'll always stand out. Pink bike, white gear, way too much bling... :thumbsup:

Blue yamaha with no number... hey. Didn't I talk to you? I'm struggling remembering... but I think I did. Look for me next time you're at the track, I'm always curious to see who these thumpertalk folks are in real life. lol.

I'll always stand out. Pink bike, white gear, way too much bling... :thumbsup:

I will and I am hard to miss too...at 6'6".

They shouldn't even let you ride without goggles there. I'm sure it's in the rule book. Anyway now you've learned your lesson. When I was young one time I thought I would test out my honda 50's brakes after doing an adjustment, my helmet was down in the back of the house and I thought, "Oh, I'm just gonna ride for a second in this little grass field, I don't need my helmet" of course you know what happened, the second I grabbed the brake my front tire shot out from under me because grass is SLIIICK! Anyway, I landed on my head and had quite a scare and a decent lump to boot. Sometimes it takes a little pain to learn a lesson!

Yeah, I'm always wearing goggles now.

But, a lot of people ride without them, especially indoors. I've finished many a mud race without them. It's not that big of a deal. It was just a freak accident. No one is going to get pulled off the track cuz they don't have goggles on. It's not mandatory at any of the races I run...

It definatly does pay to wear the proper protection though. :thumbsup: