Pics of Top Women Riders of MX...question to follow

I have been very impressed seeing these ladies live at the National MX track over the past several years, they truly rip:

GirlsMX.jpg

BUT...after seeing them, I also believe I could compete with them at 29 years old with little racing experience in my background. My buddies give me all kinds of grief, saying no way...bet I tell them, "If I had a ...gina, I would do well in the women MX series..." Do you think you guys would do well? I have a lot of respect for what they do btw, just making an obsvervation.

I have been very impressed seeing these ladies live at the National MX track over the past several years, they truly rip:

GirlsMX.jpg

BUT...after seeing them, I also believe I could compete with them at 29 years old with little racing experience in my background. My buddies give me all kinds of grief, saying no way...bet I tell them, "If I had a ...gina, I would do well in the women MX series..." Do you think you guys would do well? I have a lot of respect for what they do btw, just making an obsvervation.

That's the only thing seperating you from most MX racers. :thumbsup: j/k

That's the only thing seperating you from most MX racers. :thumbsup: j/k

Good one, I know there are many differences between my riding and most motocrossers, just making a statement. I would love to test it out. They have open practices at Washougal...ladies, if you come to town, let's do it!

:lame:

i dont care what lvl of racers they are. I commend them for overcoming the prejudice and dumping everything they have into a male dominated sport. I respect that.

Good one, I know there are many differences between my riding and most motocrossers, just making a statement. I would love to test it out. They have open practices at Washougal...ladies, if you come to town, let's do it!

:thumbsup:

On the Broome Amateur national day last year, Jessica Patterson raced Collegeboy.

She finished 10th I think. Behind a couple B riders.

It wouldn't even be close, they'd smoke you, badly.

Do you think guys would do well in the womens class? LOL Umm yeah. Not me personally I am a C rider and did not even start riding until I was 25. But that question is kind of unfair don't you. That's like asking if you think women would do well in the UFC. One overwhelms the other. And of course that is not a blanket statement, but they have the womens class because (as of now) they cannot compete with men.

Do you think guys would do well in the womens class? LOL Umm yeah. Not me personally I am a C rider and did not even start riding until I was 25. But that question is kind of unfair don't you. That's like asking if you think women would do well in the UFC. One overwhelms the other. And of course that is not a blanket statement, but they have the womens class because (as of now) they cannot compete with men.

You guys crack me up. That's exactly what it's like-the UFC. :thumbsup:

You guys crack me up. That's exactly what it's like-the UFC. :thumbsup:

Did you even bother to read my entire statement? There seems to be an abundance of people on this site with basic reading comprehension problems. Read the whole thing. It's an analogy.

Did you even bother to read my entire statement? There seems to be an abundance of people on this site with basic reading comprehension problems. Read the whole thing. It's an analogy.

Yes i read it. i know what a simile is(not quite an analogy). I was making a point. :thumbsup: They owuld probably beat me in any ttype of moto race. do you guys think they're stronger than me? Better endurance? Can they do more chinups than me. Doubt it. I wonder why they're so good? :lame::p

I think they would beat me by a long ways.

no offense or anything kraftomatic.. but i highly doubt that you could compete with them.

but still, my lifetime goal is to race in the WMA one day. i doubt it will happen but i hope so :thumbsup: hah i got big dreams

Catherine Prumm who is #1 in the world. When she is in NZ she rides at our local track and a few of the vets smoke her. If thats what your meaning. She would come 3-6th in the vets every race.

no offense or anything kraftomatic.. but i highly doubt that you could compete with them.

but still, my lifetime goal is to race in the WMA one day. i doubt it will happen but i hope so :thumbsup: hah i got big dreams

None taken, but how can you say that if you have never seen me ride. I have seen the women race, in person, and they were haulin', but if given the opportunity to ride with them and race, I would put my money on myself.

Even watching the following video, the guy sort of says the same thing:

Click on 18-Sep-2006 Video: Sarah Whitmore

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/search/1,15321,,00.html?archive=videos

Dang you guys are so serious...

I'd do absolutely terrible against them as I'd gladly let them pass to get a better view of their rear-ends.

Very destracting but enjoyable!

I think most all men's ans women's sports should be the same with no allowance for gender differences.

That's the way pro car racing goes...if you win you won.

Dang you guys are so serious...

I'd do absolutely terrible against them as I'd gladly let them pass to get a better view of their rear-ends.

Very destracting but enjoyable!

I think most all men's ans women's sports should be the same with no allowance for gender differences.

That's the way pro car racing goes...if you win you won.

"should be the same" perhaps, but the fact is men and women are not created equal at the physical level. MX, NBA, even a sport like golf, men are at the top for performance and winning. I'm not being a male chauvinist, just stating the facts. I do like watching Women MX, I must say, and they would probably beat 90% of the male riders in the world...just not me :thumbsup:

Can you compare lap times?

Basically if you are at least a mid-pack B rider it'd be a close race.

If you are top B or A class you would be faster.

Basically if you are at least a mid-pack B rider it'd be a close race.

If you are top B or A class you would be faster.

Then I think it would be a close race, but I'm sure they are in better condition than me...so a 30 minute race could be tough right now without training. I would just have to take them out in the first corner...

GirlsMX.jpg

If you got to ask. No you could not compete with them. Give them credit for what they do. If you need to know enter a Grand Prix and find out. You will not find out on line. At Glenn Helen they start the girls after the vet classes and when they come flying by you suddenly relize how good some of them are. It is very humbling to the male ego.

GP