Sign in to follow this  

coolent leak

does any one know what the small hole on the right side of the cylinder is.I saw a little drip of coolent coming out of this hole.i toped off the coolent level.this hole is just under the radator hose at cylinder.do i need to worry about this and can i still ride the bike.any help is a plus. :confused:I am sorry the bike is a 06 kxf 250.

hmm i have no clue what that little hole is for

that should not be coolant that hole on the right side of your cylinder is so water can come out of your spark plug hole just had my engine completly redone last friday and i was wondering the same thing so we ran safty wire through it an it only goes to the hole where the spark plug is hope this hepls

More than likely it is coming from above at the plastic Y pipe in the cooling lines. If your lucky the clamp is loose. If you have a pinhole leak in the plastic Y piece, well then you headed for trouble. If the hole is in the plastic piece then you need to clean your entire cooling system out because you have melted the plastic and its circulating and wrapping up in your impeller. Of course this can snowball into major failure.

i think youre talking about the weep hole and if there is coolant coming out of it then you have blown gasket. maybe not completly blown but worn out.

Thanks for everyones help.I pressurized the coolent system and all is good.The weep hole is on the cylinder head ,not the cylinder itself. I removed the coil stick and found a little moist water in side.I blew shop air thru the hole and it comes out in spark plug tube,this weep hole on the head must be a drain hole for the spark plug tube.I must of got water in there when i washed the bike.thank god it is nothing big.thanks again for everyones help. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip.Do you know if the metal 07 y connector will fit my 07?

The new 07 Y will fit the 06. I haven't been able to get the new part number yet. As soon as you get a chance BUY IT!

i think youre talking about the weep hole and if there is coolant coming out of it then you have blown gasket. maybe not completly blown but worn out.

thats right.....u have to change the water pump seals that weep hole is a sign sayin that its worn and needs to be replaced before the coolant starts to get in the oil :devil: