Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Dilemma

Recommended Posts

Here's my dilemma...

I bought a 2002 DRZ400E with the intention of dual sporting it. I have all of the parts and even passed an inspection, but there's a problem with the bike's paperwork and it isn't getting titled anytime soon. Should I stick with it or give up, buy a new Husky TE450 and part the DRZ out? I can get the Husky for $6,450. I'll need to pay tax when I title it, but that's the OTD price at the dealer. (He's about 1 1/2 hours away in another state).

Thanks for your input!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we're just sittin' 'round chattin', what's the paperwork problem?

Was it stolen? I say that because you say part out rather than sell it outright.

The Husky is a great choice, in a few months, KTM street legals will be here. I'm curious what the OTD price of an east coast 450 EXC will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost the Certificate of Origin and the Dealer is being a d!ck about getting another one (I've been waiting for almost two months). My other options are to get a Mechanic's lien or swap the frame... basically I'm tired of screwing around with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went from a 2000 DRZ400E to a TE510 and couldn't be happier. Everything on the Husky is better IMO, suspension, power, brakes, etc... The DRZ was extremely reliable though, over 8000 trouble free miles, I now have over 4000 trouble free miles on my TE as well. If money is not an issue I say dump the DRZ and get the TE! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That wasn't hate Sharpie, read it again. It was a tongue in cheek jab. What a newbie! Man, wait till you hit 2000. It's a real high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×