Sign in to follow this  

Jetting specs?

I know this has been posted before because I have seen it. But searching isn't working for me right now. So...I just got in my jet kit and bought a 25 pilot so I was wondering if this sounds good for an almost stock setup (just the 3x3).

Main: 142.5

Pilot: 25

Clip on the 3rd from the top (?)

Fuel screw: 2.5-3 turns out (will have to play with this to get it running the best though).

Does that all sound ok? Should I be smaller on the main since I am stock aside from 3x3?

Ok, so my kit came in the mail today. It only has a 140 and 146 main (at least close to what I would want to use). Without me having to go and get another main which of these two should I use? Or should I just get another main? If I just get another main it is almost a useless jet kit

No its not a useless kit. The needle is the important upgrade. Jets are cheap, order what Eddie recommends, you will be happy you did. Not to rag on you, but when Eddie takes the time to give you his expert recommendation, asking him what else you could put on there instead is a bit ridiculous. I realize you probably want to just get the thing on your bike and try it out, but you will be much happier if you just wait a little and get the right main jet from the start. s model right? Mine came stock with a 142.5. Even with slightly improper jetting you are wasting the potential of the motor.

Vince

it's the 3110 kit (05-06 sm) although it's the one that moose puts out(but my understanding is that it's the same).

I did the 3x3 ~FMF Q2/PB header and used a 145 MJ and 25PJ, with this combo the bike runs strong but is a bit rich, gets 35-40 mpg and seems to be underacheiving compared to other similar results.

Should I take out the 145 and put back the stock 142.5 MJ jet ?

I guess I didn't realize that I never specified that I had an 06sm. Does that jetting set up not look very good for an sm?

I did the 3x3 ~FMF Q2/PB header and used a 145 MJ and 25PJ, with this combo the bike runs strong but is a bit rich, gets 35-40 mpg and seems to be underacheiving compared to other similar results.

Should I take out the 145 and put back the stock 142.5 MJ jet ?

The above is on an S, still wondering about putting the 142.5 back in ?