leak.

ok i went out riding i seen i had a flat on my front tire. i found the leak its coming from the metal bolt coming out of the rim..its like it isnt sealed or something..no punctures in teh tire or anything.why would it be doing this shit?and why the hel is that bolt there???

You do know tires have tubes right???

Anyway that's a rim lock and you need it.

Yeah, leak has to be in the tube! The rim lock just holds the tire on the rim and has nothing to do with holding air in. You need to change your tube and can inspect the rim lock when the tire is off.

Anyway, this thread caught my eye because I got my first flat about an hour ago when I was out riding. I just paid the local shop $20 to change my tire and now I have a flat. I hate to give them another $20 to change the tube so I am going to conquer this beast on my own. Sorry, off topic!

haha i change my tires on my gsxr all the time.how much is a tube??

Go ahead and sell the bike now.

Definately sell the bike now. It is no longer good and must be gotten rid of. Just don't tell the person who buys it.

ok i went out riding i seen i had a flat on my front tire. i found the leak its coming from the metal bolt coming out of the rim..its like it isnt sealed or something..no punctures in teh tire or anything.why would it be doing this shit?and why the hel is that bolt there???

I predict that you are more the capable of being dumb enough to be a Darwin Award candidate one day.

Cheers!

haha i change my tires on my gsxr all the time.how much is a tube??

A tube for this bike is gonna be expensive...its made of polisportech...

Im guessing around 236.00 per tire...Dirt riding is expensive..I would defiantly sell this bike immediately..

Get a high compression piston. That will do it - no problem.

yall are ****ing retarded...im new to dirtbikes..i konw nothing about them...all i know is sportbikes...that would be like making fun of anyone of you because you dont know anything about sometig you have never been around...karma is a bitch remember this cocksuckers

yall are ****ing retarded...im new to dirtbikes..i konw nothing about them...all i know is sportbikes...that would be like making fun of anyone of you because you dont know anything about sometig you have never been around...karma is a bitch remember this cocksuckers

Ooooohhhh Doctor! :lame:

You must be new to web forums too! Nice response. :thumbsup:

Don't worry about the responses, they're just giving you a bit of a ribbing, you have to admit your original post was kinda funny(I hope you can see the funny side now that you know a bit more about Dirtbikes).

Anyway, The bolt is part of your rim lock which is there to keep the tyre from spinning on the rim.

Check out this page for a how-to on (Dirtbike)tyre changing. http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/how_to/article/0,13190,1215721,00.html

I have a hard time believing you've been around any type of streetbike/car/truck/bicycle ever before. Get a owners manual and do everyone a favour and read it twice before we meet you out on a trail. You should get a new high performance powerband for your bike to, maybe a red one they haul a$$.

Don't worry about the responses, they're just giving you a bit of a ribbing, you have to admit your original post was kinda funny(I hope you can see the funny side now that you know a bit more about Dirtbikes).

Anyway, The bolt is part of your rim lock which is there to keep the tyre from spinning on the rim.

Check out this page for a how-to on (Dirtbike)tyre changing. http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/how_to/article/0,13190,1215721,00.html

I think everybody who pays somebody $20 or more to change a tire should watch this transworld video. I was one of those people, after a few attempts by my self I gave up for about 4 years; then I saw this video, and now I can change a tire in about 5 min, with no problems. It's like the bible =) :thumbsup::lame: