No answer yet in jetting forum

Hey, I have the kit for my 02, it comes with 2 needles. A red and blue needle. It also comes with 4 jets 410,400,390,370. Comes with an extra needle clip.

My 2003 kit came with the following:

Mikuni main jets - 380, 390, 400, 410

Mikuni pilot jet - 32.5

Needle clip

Blue marked needle - richer 0-1/4 throttle

Red marked needle - leaner 0-1/4 throttle

Some people have received a leaner S4 nozzle at no additional charge when ordering from JD. I was told they would throw one in with my kit but when it arrived I was invoiced for it. If you order it elsewhere I doubt it's even an option.

:thumbsup:

My 2003 kit came with the following:

Mikuni main jets - 380, 390, 400, 410

Mikuni pilot jet - 32.5

Needle clip

Blue marked needle - richer 0-1/4 throttle

Red marked needle - leaner 0-1/4 throttle

Some people have received a leaner S4 nozzle at no additional charge when ordering from JD. I was told they would throw one in with my kit but when it arrived I was invoiced for it. If you order it elsewhere I doubt it's even an option.

Yeah later on, I asked jd about nozzle he sent one out too me free I forgot about that. Yours came with a 380 ? I belive that 380 is stock size. Oh Still_kicking , I'm betting your a tad rich on the needle.

Thanks guys!

Yeah that is my guess jjGixxer, but we'll see. Especially since I've bought the Mobile premix now, I'll need to start over. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys!

Yeah that is my guess jjGixxer, but we'll see. Especially since I've bought the Mobile premix now, I'll need to start over. :thumbsup:

yeah, I still have that mobil if you want it. I have been threw this, stock needles,jd needles.

Yeah later on, I asked jd about nozzle he sent one out too me free I forgot about that. Yours came with a 380 ? I belive that 380 is stock size. Oh Still_kicking , I'm betting your a tad rich on the needle.

Yes, mine came with a 380.

If I remember correctly, the 03 came stock with a 420 main.

Yes, mine came with a 380.

If I remember correctly, the 03 came stock with a 420 main.

:lame:

Hmm I just checked it says 380 for 02/03. :thumbsup:

The JD kit sounds good but you can probably find a whole kehin carb off any mid-late 90's CR250..

i guess when you add in the cost of the boots, jets and the whole carb maybe it is kind of pricey..but oh well!

The JD kit sounds good but you can probably find a whole kehin carb off any mid-late 90's CR250..

i guess when you add in the cost of the boots, jets and the whole carb maybe it is kind of pricey..but oh well!

Me personally I don't have no problems with the mikuni. I have thought about switching carbs, but I can get my mikuni jetted pretty darn good.

Hmm I just checked it says 380 for 02/03. :thumbsup:

I checked mine. The stock main I removed was a 420.

My Honda service manual states this:

Main jet -

02: 380

After 02: 420

Anyone need pics?

:lame:

I checked mine. The stock main I removed was a 420.

My Honda service manual states this:

Main jet -

02: 380

After 02: 420

Anyone need pics?

I wonder why they would change the main for 03...

At what elevation would someone need an S-4 nozzle?

S8 gets lean at 1000 ft depending on the temps.

Me personally I don't have no problems with the mikuni. I have thought about switching carbs, but I can get my mikuni jetted pretty darn good.
I agree. Have switched carbs a time or two. They all need to be jetted and I didn't have the miraculous results that others have had.
I wonder why they would change the main for 03...

My guess is they probably changed the needle.

S8 gets lean at 1000 ft depending on the temps.

It works when using the JD needles versus the Mikuni needles. I have the S4 in my carb.

I agree. Have switched carbs a time or two. They all need to be jetted and I didn't have the miraculous results that others have had.

I've just never had one as sensitive as the TMX. I can get it pretty clean with the JD kit but slight temp changes make a big difference in how it runs and require AS adjustments.

I'm also running the s-4 nozzle. I can't run the stock nozzle. If I run the stock nozzle bike runs soo rich even with the jd needle at the top clip . Which I have a ported/stuffed cylinder, ported/stuffed cases so I have had too run my bike soo much leaner. Right now im running 28.5 pilot, jd blue needle 2 clip from top, and 400 main. It seems pretty good but I just switched over too running strait 115 so I will hafe too rejet yet again.

Gotcha. S-4 with JD needles and misc mods.

I've just never had one as sensitive as the TMX. I can get it pretty clean with the JD kit but slight temp changes make a big difference in how it runs and require AS adjustments.

I can see that.

I was referring more to the guys who say they can ride a gear higher, best mod ever, "bike is a beast now" kind of stuff. I didn't have those kind of results. I noticed the 50 tooth on the 02 more than the Keihin carb. Promptly put the carb back on my 00.

Gotcha. S-4 with JD needles and misc mods.

I can see that.

I was referring more to the guys who say they can ride a gear higher, best mod ever, "bike is a beast now" kind of stuff. I didn't have those kind of results. I noticed the 50 tooth on the 02 more than the Keihin carb. Promptly put the carb back on my 00.

i agree. the PWK isnt a magic"powernow" bullet, but it will make for a more pleasent ride at a wider temp range without having to play musical jets all the time. i got my mikuni ever so close, but a big ole' cloud rolled through, and my setting was off again. not so much with the PWK...plus the jets/needles are cheaper

i did notice small incresae in roll on power when i put the pwk on but it seemed like it didnt have the top end power..

i ride mx so it wasnt a big deal, just something i noticed