Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125 Carb Question

I bought my wife a 03 ttr 125. It ran good the first couple of times she rode it. We started to go ridding this past weekend and when we turned the gas on and started it gas just started pouring out one of the tubes on the back of the carb. It didn't stop at all till all the gas had ran out. Can anyone tell me what is the matter?

I bought my wife a 03 ttr 125. It ran good the first couple of times she rode it. We started to go ridding this past weekend and when we turned the gas on and started it gas just started pouring out one of the tubes on the back of the carb. It didn't stop at all till all the gas had ran out. Can anyone tell me what is the matter?

Either your float is stuck or the needle and seat picked up some dirt from the tank. Are you running an in line fuel filter? Try turning the gas back on tapping on the side of the float bowl with a wrench, kind of hard but no too hard and see if the stops.

I just now got a chance to try it and that didn't work. I hit it quite a few times and still poured out. What else would work.

I think I read it once on here but not sure. Wasn't it said that a YZ85 carb would work on a ttr125? I know where one is for pretty cheap.

Yes, the YZ80 carb will work. But for the other carb, take it apart and get the piece of dirt out.

I just now got a chance to try it and that didn't work. I hit it quite a few times and still poured out. What else would work.

Time to pull the carb and give it a good cleaning then and maybe replace the needle and seat.

I have no clue to how to do this. Is this a hard process or should I just get the YZ85 carb? I've never took apart a carb before.

Just follow the pictures in the jetting tutorial above you. (visual guide sticky)

Your problem is either a stuck float, a sunk float from a pinhole, or a misadjusted float.

Start by tapping on the side of the float bowl with the handle of a screwdriver or something similar an see if stops.

Next on the list if that didn't stop it is to give it a good cleaning and see if that stops it.

Then try adjusting the float level, and lastly replacing the entire float and needle set.